Guided project 2: Exploring Hacker News

Hello everybody,

first time posting on this forum. I hope I’m doing it right.
At the moment I have finished the second guided project and I am happy to make quick progress.
Please feel free to comment and give recommendations to make things better.

Link to the last mission screen: https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/8/next-steps

ExploringHackerNews.ipynb (19.0 KB)

Best regards,
Yihan

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi Yihan,

Welcome to DQ community and congratulations on finishing your project. Nice work :+1:

I noticed there was just one comment in the code and I found the work a bit difficult to follow (that may be due to my not being very experienced).

Also, while documenting your results, the markdown comments were very brief. One of the questions the project was answering was
“Do Ask HN or Show HN receive more comments on average?”

It was answered with
“Ask posts in our sample receive around 14 comments on average, while show posts receive around 10.”

I think it would have been better to make a conclusion based on the results gotten, which would be that Ask HN receive more comments on average.

I see nothing wrong with the code :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll just say to make things more understandable for readers.

Cheers,
Olamide

2 Likes

Hi Olamide,

thank you for the gratulations and the pointers :slight_smile: I’ll make sure to improve on the documentation in the future.

Cheers,
Yihan

2 Likes

:+1: :slightly_smiling_face: