Guided Project: Analysing Traffic on the I-94

Hi DQers!

This is an interesting project given the visualizations required to bring out the analysis. I had to research a bit to find out how I could differentiate between data during the day and night. I think I got it, but ultimately you are the judges.

As always, any feedback is appreciated!

Guided project: Learn data science with Python and R projects

The project:
Westward Traffic Analysis on the I-94.ipynb (831.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

hey @jesmaxavier

Cool project :+1:!

The indexing idea is cool. I am not sure if you have replicated this in your other projects, for me this is your first project.

I apologize at the onset, I am trying, failing but still not letting go of nit-picking.

Few things I wish to highlight:

1. The sectioning, addition/ references of/to external sources, the plot summaries - great work.
  2. the sub-titles describing the content, plus being creative is also cool.

Few suggestions:

1. try to put the intro section directly below the main title to set the context of the project at the onset (like the articles in DQ Direct)
  2. Double check the written comments. In a few sections, I just felt the sentences were breaking the rhythm of the project or citing an analysis which is in a later section of the project rather than the immediate one. A few examples are:

None of the weather columns seem to show any significant correlation with traffic. We should be able to plot and find out whether any of the columns are related to traffic.

I would modify this to something like: None of the… traffic. Let’s also explore this visually.

After Code Cell [5] we have

Next we shall verify whether the weather has an influence on traffic.

Although this analysis starts from code cell [20]

1. One last one, please stop printing the entire dataset. Use head() or tail() methods to display 5/10 records.

Apologies if you think I am nit-picking, but your project is the second one on DQ Community on this topic, that is making me desperate to finish my own :wink:

Happy learning!

1 Like

Thank you, @Rucha, for taking the time to comment. Absolutely appreciate it.

1. try to put the intro section directly below the main title to set the context of the project at the onset (like the articles in DQ Direct)
    I kinda have this template I follow for all my projects. The index goes first, followed by the introduction. So I would have to change it for all, if I change it for this.
  1. Double-check the written comments. In a few sections, I just felt the sentences were breaking the rhythm of the project or citing an analysis which is in a later section of the project rather than the immediate one. A few examples are:

I agree, I get a bit wordy. It’s a constant reason for a tussle between me and my manager. I shall need to improve on it. Thank you for the short version.

After Code Cell [5] we have
Oh! The hubris of perfection. I was so sure I did not have anything out of place, and here we are. Thank you, I shall make it a point to remove it. The same holds for printing the entire dataset. I kinda missed that.

I appreciate the review and looking forward to seeing your project.

I have updated the project based on your comments. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.
Updated project:
Westward Traffic Analysis on the I-94.ipynb (840.0 KB)

1 Like