31 Years of Python | 48 Hour Sale Extension!!!
days
hours
minutes
seconds

Guided Project -Analyzing CIA Factbook Data Using SQL

Greetings Everyone!

My First Engagement with a SQL project; thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m continuing to enjoy the hands-on teaching strategy of the Dataquest platform :slight_smile:
Guided Project - Analyzing CIA Factbook Data Using SQL.ipynb (36.8 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @jweekes13! Thanks for sharing your project with the Community! I’m glad that you enjoyed doing it :slight_smile:

I have a few comments on how to improve the project:

• Paraphrase the introduction as it’s copied from DataQuest. It’s a good way to practice because at some point you’ll have to create original content
  • Have a list of questions you want to tackle right at the beginning so we know what you are curious about
  • SQL queries are not right-aligned, it’s better to do it as it’s more appealing to the eye and follows SQL style guidelines
  • You have an SQL error in the “Summary Statistics” section
  • Make a comment about Antarctica
  • As far as I remember, there are countries like European Union. Have you checked that these do not have any impact on the average population/area calculations?
  • What do you consider a “developed world”? I’d say it’s 50/50 in the values of lower than average area and higher than average population
  • You have some typos, so correct them
  • You may try excluding outliers like BIOT and Virgin Islands and see what are the countries with the highest water-to-land ratio
  • Are you sure that India will add more than 1.5 billion people next year? It’s in the section " Which countries will add the most people to their population next year?"
  • You can also exclude micro-states and see what countries have the highest population density

I hope I was helpful, happy coding :grinning:

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I will be sure to apply the comments for improvements.

1 Like