Guided Project: Analyzing eBay Kleinanzeigen Car Sale Data -- Suggestions & feedback are greatly appreciated

Hey everyone!

I just finished my third guided project. As an aspiring data scientist, I would like to use this project to help me gain more experience and knowledge in my data science journey. I would really appreciate any suggestions & feedback! Thank you!

-Adrian

Github link

Download file:
3_Guided Project_Ebay Car Sale Data.ipynb (123.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

4 Likes

Hello @adrianzchmn, thanks for sharing your work. The general flow of your project is amazing, you’ve got a great Project Presentation Style.

• As a Data Scientist always make sure you don’t repeat your self (DRY). Looking at this section, ** Cleaning columns with German words**, it would be great if you could create a function since there is a lot of repetition.

If you perform the same task multiple times in your code, consider a function or a loop to make your workflow more efficient.

• just to let you know
Expand to see your code
print(autos["price_usd"].unique().shape) #to see how many unique values

Pandas has a series method pd.Series.nunique that returns a number of unique elements.

print(autos.price_usd.nunique()) #to see how many unique values
  • As you continue learning, it would be great if you explore pd.to_datetime to convert argument to datetime. Then you can access any datetime property
  • A picture is worth 1000 words. Once you’ve learnt Data Visualization, make sure you’ve returned to this project and add some plots, it will make it too interesting and you’ll also obtain more insights…
4 Likes

Hi @info.victoromondi,

Thanks so much for your response, this is really helpful. Will definitely make some edits in this project. I’ll review and continue working on this project again after I’m done learning data visualization, as you suggested.

Note to myself for future reference:

Thanks again! Appreciate it!

3 Likes

Hey @adrianzchmn

Overall the project flow is cool. I have gone through your project end to end and most of the points was already covered by @info.victoromondi which are so valuable. I just have a single point where I noticed that there are some deviations in Fonts size. Kindly keep a tab on them.

Thanks for understanding

Best
K!

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @prasadkalyan05. Really appreciate it. If you have some free time, do you mind calling out a few examples of deviations in Fonts size? Doesn’t have to be all of them, just 1 or 2 or whichever is convenient for you

Note that if font size deviation is in the heading, I actually intend to differentiate between the heading of the section, which uses # Heading, and subheading, which uses ## Subheading.

However, I realize that after looking at the end result it’s actually hard to distinguish the two. Currently, I am working on updating this particular project, based on your and @info.victoromondi’s feedback.
(I know it’s long overdue, and I was planning to share the update this weekend, but turns out this takes longer than expected).

Anyway, I’ll share the update soon! And hopefully you don’t mind taking another look at my soon-to-be shared project ;D

3 Likes

@prasadkalyan05 @info.victoromondi
Finally done with the update! It takes longer than expected, but I tried my best to incorporate the feedback & suggestion from the both of you to this project. Please let me know what you think. I also would appreciate more feedback & suggestion ;D

Github link

Download file:
3_Guided Project_Ebay Car Sale Data.ipynb (1.1 MB)

2 Likes

Hey @adrianzchmn

I really liked the way you articulated the project especially plots are awesome :ok_hand:

This is very neat notebook. Great work man!!!

Cheers :100:

Best
K!

1 Like

Thank you so much @prasadkalyan05! Your kind words makes me even more motivated to do more projects! I guess I’ll see you around ;D

1 Like

@adrianzchmn Awesome :ok_hand:

Good luck :smiley:

Cheers :grin:
K