Guided Project: Analyzing NYC High School Data

Hi All!
I’d like to do this project on my PC. However, I’m having a problem with one file, which is called in given solution “hs_directory.csv”. Which page is source for the file?
I managed to download all files and even I did not have any issue with survey files.
I’ll appreciate any help :slight_smile:
Best!
Ania

Hi @Ania, I think these are the source files for hs_directory.csv:
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/Education/2014-2015-DOE-High-School-Directory/n3p6-zve2

Personally, I’d suggest you just download the files straight from the Jupyter Notebook on DQ’s platform.

Here’s how you do it:

Click the “Jupyter” icon near the top-left.

Then, click “notebook”, and then “schools”

Click the file you need, and then download it.

Alternatively, instead of downloading the csv files, you can also simply Ctrl-A to select everything, and then paste it into a notepad or something since most of these are just csv files (although you might change its type to .txt in the process - so just be wary of that when reading the file in).

@blueberrypudding85, thanks a lot! What a beautiful simple solution! :smiley:

Best!
Ania

We have a solved feature that allows you the ability to mark something as the “correct” answer, which helps future students with the same question quickly find the solution they’re looking for.

Here’s an article on how to mark posts as solved - I don’t want to do this for you until I know that solution/explanation works.We have a solved feature that allows you the ability to mark something as the “correct” answer, which helps future students with the same question quickly find the solution they’re looking for.

Hi @alvinctk,
I marked the post as a solution.
:slight_smile:

1 Like