Here is my take on the guided project for this mission. I have learned a lot from looking at other people’s projects, so I’d like to share my own work as well.
I had a hard time on the Albums vs. Individual Tracks (section 6), and ended up using a different approach than the solution. There are a lot of forum discussions on this (including [here])(Clarification on the CTE - Answering Business Questions using SQL) and I know that reading a variety of approaches to this problem helped my deepen my understanding of SQL.
Once I got going on this project, it was hard for me to stop… so I investigated more questions, including:
- Which artist is used most in playlists?
- How many tracks have been purchased vs. not purchased?
- What tracks, albums, and artists are most popular?
- Is the range of tracks in the store reflective of their sales popularity? Are there any under valued genres to expand in, or genres to cut back Chinook’s offerings?
- Do protected vs. non-protective formats impact sales?
Check out my project:
Chinook Record Store Database Analysis - Answering Business Questions with SQL.ipynb (62.7 KB)
I welcome any feedback!
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
Hello, first of all, great job! There are a few points I’d like you to add, which are:
- You should state that chinook is a fictional store.
- You can include the database schema for better readability.
- “The genres of the potential new artists are Hip Hop, Punk, Pop, and Blues” you can include this sentence in the markdown cell before the query.
- I think Albums vs Individual Tracks headline deserves a markdown to explain why we’re doing this comparison and what we’re comparing before the query.
- Under the headline “What tracks, albums, and artists are the most popular?”, there is an error that says: (sqlite3.OperationalError) table track_info already exists) It’s in the second cell after the headline.
- “How this project helped me grow my skills” part is a good idea.
Keep the good work up! You can check mine out from here if you wish, your work outshines mine greatly, though.
It is a nice work. You performed well.
Thanks so much for this actionable and kind feedback! I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do a thorough review, and giving me some clear, specific pointers to edit. Do you have any specific projects you’d like feedback on?
I’m glad you liked it! Thanks for offering help back, that’s so kind of you. I could actually use some feedback on the latest project I’ve completed, you can find my post requesting feedback here.