Guided Project : Exploring Ebay Used Car Sales Data

Hello everyone! This is my first shared project. And my first data science project in general.

I would appreciate any feedback about code/appearance/organization etc. Thank you in advance.

P.S. autos.brand and autos[‘brand’] give the same output. However the first one is much faster to write. However, I’ve seen that this method of calling a column not the most recommended. Is it true or it doesn’t matter?

Exploring Ebay car sales data.ipynb (115.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

3 Likes

Hi @alekseikondratenko7

Thank you very much for sharing your first project on Exploring eBay Used Car Sales. The entire project look so cool and well organized. Most of the explanations are so informing , the comments are well presented , the findings as well are so informative, thumbs up for good work.

alekseikondratenko7
P.S. autos.brand and autos[‘brand’] give the same output. However the first one is much faster to write. However, I’ve seen that this method of calling a column not the most recommended. Is it true or it doesn’t matter?

Actually both will display same output just as you have admitted, so I don’t think which one to use becomes a big deal, you can just go for the one you are comfortable with.

Having said that, have got few humble suggestions to make,

• your project lacks a title which is very key when working on any project, please consider fixing it.
  • It’s advisable to provide the link of the dataset you are using for easy accessory.
  • Be very careful on typos, like in the introduction, second paragraph, I think the intention was to type ‘from Dataquest…’ and not ‘fro Dataquest…’
  • Kindly check cell[3], and cell[33] were the workings, codes or comments?, like in cell[3] those workings seems to be codes but you presented them as comments.

Otherwise to me, everything looks good and well worked on, congratulations mate and all the best in your upcoming projects.

Happy codding!

3 Likes

Hi brayanopiyo18!

Thank you very much for your comments. I fixed what you pointed out apart from the last one. I wanted to keep these parts of the code in cells [3] and [33] under comments since they are doing the same thing as implemented code, but using different methods. It was just for myself for the learning purposes. Do you think it is better to be kept on the markdown cell instead of “commented” code?

1 Like

Thank you very much @alekseikondratenko7 , for regarding my suggestions helpful.

alekseikondratenko7
Do you think it is better to be kept on the markdown cell instead of “commented” code?

For me, I think having them in the markdown cell is the better way , this helps in avoiding unnecessary crowding in the code cell.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate how you included clear explanations of your thought process and checking your codes to ensure output is correct.