LIMITED TIME OFFER: 50% OFF OF PREMIUM WITH OUR ANNUAL PLAN (THAT'S $294 IN SAVINGS).
GET OFFER

Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News Posts (Ask HN vs Show HN)

Hi All,

Hacker news Guided project:
https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/1/introduction

I also did the analysis based on the full data set file in Kaggle in my local Jupyer notebook and came to the same conclusion. But due to the large file size I am not able to share that via Github and sharing based on the reduced data set (as per the guided project instructions)

It would be good get feedback based on analysis, reasoning for conclusion and flow/story telling via the notebook using markdowns.

One thing I am in thinking is about collating posts, comments and average comments per post for each Ask HN and Show HN on its own section rather than the currently split? - Would be good to get thoughts around this as well.

My analysis via Github

3 Likes

Hi @shas

Good to see yet another project from you. You have done a great job by going beyond the instructions. Everything looked great. Good explanations and great usage of code and markdown cells. Though you could have added some inline code comments to make simpler for someone who wants to learn from the code.

Other than that, if you are interested in converting timezones, you can check out this Pytz library

Great work. Looking forward to seeing more projects.

1 Like

@shas Iā€™d be interested to see your notebook and output for the full data set. I used the full data set as well on a local Jupyter instance because why not, right? Would be great to compare the numbers I got vs somebody else.