Guided Project - Exploring Hacker News Posts - When Is the Best Time to Ask Hacker News?

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting a completed guided project. I would love feedback on whether the notebook reads clearly and what I can do to make my code as clean as possible.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/8/next-steps

Exploring Hacker News - Finding the Best Time to Post.ipynb (14.0 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @devtronvarma,

Congratulations on finishing the guided project and sharing your first post here. Welcome to the community.

You have done a nice job with Hacker news analysis. Also you have given enough explanations about your code in the markdown cell. So all in all your code was an easy to follow project. The only thing I can think of suggesting is mentioning ‘EST’, the timezone. You have mentioned about US at the conclusion. But maybe if we can add ‘EST’ while printing the top 5 times to post, it would be nicer.

Also, you can use pytz library to convert time to other timezones if you wish to add that too.

Other than that, everything looks fine. Keep up the good works and Happy learning.

1 Like