Guided Project: Exploring Hacker News

Just finished my second guided project. I was finally able to figure out how to work entirely in Jupyter Notebook on my desktop vs through the browser version provided. There is still a great deal I quite understand. But for someone that is in their 40’s, just started coding for the first time ever only about a month ago, and does not work in IT I feel like it is a big achievement.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/404/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/8/next-steps

Would love feedback in general. Also any simple exercises to reinforce loops and module construction/formating (such as datetime.datetime, .format())
Exploring Hacker News.ipynb (12.9 KB)

Thanks

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

4 Likes

hey @amhackdpt2

I edited the last one out of this (due to the current situation and it was not funny!) and what I would give for the 3rd one right now!

Thank you for sharing your project with DataQuest, it reflects your efforts truly. :smile:

• You have highlighted the end results of average calculations by including suitable suffixes/ prefixes in print statements.
  • You have used markups for the title and intermediate analysis codes.

Would just like to add:

• kindly explore printing results of a list in separate cells (or customized print) so they render vertically, instead of horizontally in a single line. Let us know if you need further clarification on this.

For extra practice you can explore the <> Practice Mode tab in dashboard and chose the practice relevant to your learned topics.

Looking forward to learning with you more!

2 Likes

Thanks so much.

Yes I would love any suggestions on customized printing. The lessons have not really gone into that. It would certainly make it easier to read.

I will check out the practice tab.

Much appreciated!

hey @amhackdpt2

I meant customizing print() statements at the end of code. same values printed but with difference, something like this:

I see, yes that would be easier to read than what I did :slight_smile: