Guided Project - ExploringHackerNewsPosts

Hi everyone,
This is the first guided project that I share to the dataquest forum and I would like to have some more feedback on the formatting of codes and the style of the report. Since I am not a native English speaker, please feel free to comment on the usage of words if I used it wrongly. Thank you very much.

https://app.dataquest.io/m/356/guided-project%3A-exploring-hacker-news-posts/8/next-steps

ExploringHackerNewsPosts.ipynb (18.5 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @yswong122,

You have done a great job with your first project that you’ve shared here. From the report, it doesn’t feel that your language needs any improvements, the report looks great. Your inline code comments and explanations on the markdown cell make your report very easy to read and understand.

I like the style of your report too, which gives a summary of the conclusion at the beginning itself. Maybe in my next project I will follow this. I’ve learned a few things from your code and report and for me that is a good thing.

If there is any suggestion, that would be to add EST to the formating at the end.
15:00EST: 38.59 average comments per post
or
15:00EST: gets 38.59 average comments per post
would have been better, that is what I felt.

Also, you can look into the pytz library to understand how to convert to the results into another timezone.

Other than that, you have done a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Thank you for giving me the suggestion about the time zone!
Surely I will check out the pytz library. Cheers! :smile:

1 Like