Guided Project: Feedback for - Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates

Hi all!

I would like to have some feedback on the project uploaded.
Much appreciated in advance.

Basics.ipynb (566.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @egartru ,

Great job finishing the guided project! Great job on the charts and graphs. After a quick review, one suggestion would be to rerun the notebook to clear any error messages. Great job on finishing the project!

Well done! I can tell that you have put a lot of work into this project. This project is challenging. Yet, you have found a way to communicate your findings :muscle:.

I love how you used bullet points to outline complex steps. I observed this in your cleaning and storytelling workflows. On the one hand, it helps you organize your thoughts. On the other, it makes your work easier to understand :clap:. You have used comments in the right way.

I wanted to share some suggestions:

• You can make the charts for each presidential period stand out. All you need is to add a title and axis labels. Show them off. They are quality charts :wink:.

• To remove the warnings in cells 14 and 16, You can update cell 13 as follows (notice the .copy() added to the end of the first expression):

# Leave all values different to ( - )
euro_to_dollar = euro_to_dollar[euro_to_dollar['US_dollar'] != '-'].copy()

# Double check they have been dropped
euro_to_dollar['US_dollar'].value_counts() 
  • Finally, you could take a few moments to include a conclusion section in your project. You have done interesting work and a summary of all your findings could be the best way to tie it all together in the end.

• I didn’t want to forget this: I noticed you forgot to rerun all your cells after analysis :+1:

Keep learning!! :muscle: :clap:

1 Like

Hi Casandra,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review the project.
You are right, I’ll make those changes.

Cheers!!

Hi Israel,

A massive thank you for all the indept feedback.

I’ll definitely review and make the corrections according to your recommendations.
Much appreciated.

Regards,
Antonio

1 Like

First I would like to shout special thanks to @casandra.data.analys and @israelogunmola for reviewing my previous submission and giving me suggestions to improve the project. I hope to have considered everything as reflected in the changes. Any comments are very welcome in case anyone would like to have a look.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Hi @egartru,

Could you please share the link to your updated project? By mistake, you shared the link to the last screen on the lesson. Thank you!

Hi Elena,

Thank you for letting me know.
I hope it is fixed now.

Kind regards

Antonio

Basics.ipynb (21.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi Antonio,

Could you please re-run your project and share it again? I see that the code cells aren’t run and doesn’t show any output. Thank you!

Hi Elena,

I don’t know what is going on.
Sorry for the trouble.
Do you mind checking again, please?
I’m attaching a screenshot from a small part to show it seems to be running ok in my end.

Basics.ipynb (696.2 KB)

Many thanks again for helping with the review.

Regards

Antonio

1 Like

Hi Antonio,

Now your project is run correctly.

Great job on updating your project and implementing the suggestions from your reviewers! :star_struck: