31 Years of Python | 48 Hour Sale Extension!!!
days
hours
minutes
seconds

Guided Project: Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on (I-94)

Hello everyone, Here is another guided project i did, I would love feedback on it.
Thanks always.
GP-Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94.ipynb (211.6 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hello @oladejoalexander3 thank you for sharing your project, I hope it was fun doing it.
As you advance in your data visualization, you’ll come to learn the seaborn library or other libraries, which will reduce the number of codes used to create various types of visualization you’ve plotted.

Your project looks amazing, I really enjoyed going through it.
Some of the changes which you would find useful would be:

• Sorting categorical variables based on ascending/descending mean. When looking for weather types, if you could have sorted by the mean, the graph would look great and obtaining further insights would be easier.
1 Like

Hello @oladejoalexander3! Thanks for sharing the project with the Community :slight_smile: I’ll add a few suggestions to the ones posted by @info.victoromondi.

I really like this sentence This means that the results of our analysis will be about the westbound traffic in the proximity of that station. In other words, we should avoid generalizing our results for the entire I-94 highway. You are so right!

• Provide some context about what I-94 (for example, where it’s located) is and make examples of which indicators may have an impact on its traffic
  • Import all the libraries you are going to use in the first code cell as it make the project more readable
  • You can greatly improve the plots by making them large, removing the top and right spines, and having titles and axes labels for all of them. To make them even better, you can refer to the book Storytelling with Data by Cole Knaflic or to my article that applies different strategies from that book using Python. Also, this is a specific article on bar charts and this one is on how to generate FiveThirtyEight-styled charts.
  • Remove the last blank code cell

I hope my feedback is helpful. Happy coding and good luck with your next projects :slight_smile: