Guided Project: Good to have Feedbacks! Visualizing The Gender Gap In College Degrees

Guided Project: Visualizing The Gender Gap In College Degrees

Hello DQ Community,

This is my first post and it is about the first project that I want to share to our community. I am uploading my notebook for this guided project. I did not mention any mark down content, but added detailed comments in the code.

Would be great, if you could give feedbacks on this.

Basics.ipynb (209.9 KB)
This is my first submission.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
1 Like

Hi @sharmithewriter,

Welcome to the Community and congratulations for sharing your first project! The results are correct, the code is clean and well-organized, and yes, it’s really very well-commented :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is my feedback:

• I would suggest you anyway to add markdown explanations and project structure elements (title, introduction, dataset link, subheadings, conclusion). Because the guided projects are not only about coding (which is a very important part in any case), but also, and especially, about storytelling: giving background context, explaining intermediate observations, summarizing the most important insights. You can find helpful this article.
  • While in general the idea of defining functions is great, here probably they are not really necessary, since the corresponding pieces of code are used only once. By the way, good function naming anyway.
  • You may consider removing some obvious comments, like # Read the csv file into women_degrees data frame.
  • A good practice is to use a uniform quote mark style for the string data type in code cells throghout the project: or only single, or only double quote marks.

Hope my suggestions were of use. Good luck with your future projects!

1 Like

Thank you so much Elena! Much appreciated! Your feedbacks are so valuable, I will add markdown explanations and edit comments and string quotes as per your suggestions. Thanks again!

1 Like

Perfect @sharmithewriter I’m glad that it was helpful!

1 Like