Guided Project Review: Exploring Ebay Used Vehicles Data

Hey guys,

This is the second part of the first guided project analysis extended and done by my own.
I’d really appreciate it if ou would review my work and get some feedback to improve in the next ones.

Thanks!

ExploreEbayCarSalesData.ipynb (355.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
1 Like

hey @raduspaimoc

Thank you for sharing your project.

You have a great recipe for a project, - title, intro, plots, conclusions, yet you forgot one main ingredient! intermediate write-up small and just explaining what the analysis is about.

Maybe the next project forth would have markdowns as well.

two questions

• you marked avg prices in the plot on left, why not mark the avg mileage as well on the right?
  • why comment out the geographical plot, why left on the user. What if I don’t have folium or other necessary libraries? :thinking:

The detailed conclusion is :+1: cool.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for noticing that the mark is missing in the plot on the right.

About the geographical plot, I store these projects on Github where the max file size is 100MB. If I remove the comments the Jupyter file size is 115 MB. Github Repo

When I tried to post it here the notebook passed the max size too. Is there a way to decrease the size?
If I uncomment the map part the viewer doesn’t need to have folium installed.

Could you share with me an example of this "intermediate write-up small and just explaining what the analysis is about." I tried to do it in some parts but maybe it is not clear enough.

Thanks, Rucha.

Hi,

I just fixed the map visualization issue adding images, if anyone is interested to improve this project analysis or get ideas for further ones take a look I think some conclusions arrived are good.

ExploreEbayCarSalesData.ipynb (356.6 KB)

Github Link

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

hey @raduspaimoc

you may go through these helpful guides from this post

Also, other students have shared some fantastic projects. you can also take reference from these projects.
Hope that helps