Guided Project Review

I’ve used the latest data and decided to focus on the A1 code of properties which also includes land square feet in addition to gross square feet. I am looking for general feedback

https://app.dataquest.io/m/459/guided-project---predicting-condominium-sale-prices/8/next-steps

As dataquest doesn’t allow uploading of rmd files I’ll provide a link to my github where it is stored

3 Likes

Hi Mobin. Nicely done! The guided project is very well written and the code is clear. I was able to render this document locally to html without issue. This allowed me to view the plots and the data summaries.

Thank you for your patience and perseverance as we figured out the data quality issue with the R4 building type. This was a great real-world example of the kinds of data quality issues that can be encountered.

Great work adapting to the situation by selecting a different building type. And good thinking to expand your linear model by using sale_price explained by gross_square_feet and land_square_feet.

Nice investigation of outliers and data quality issues. It can be difficult to determine when and if it is appropriate to remove an outlier, but I think you did a good job of explaining the rationale.

Thanks for posting!
Best,
-Casey

2 Likes

Hi Casey,

Thanks for the feedback! There was a lot of google searching involved (but that is the case with any programming project) :smile:. I wanted to make sure that I had the correct data. That outlier when looking up the address didn’t seem to have a house but double checking showed that yes that was a legitimate sale

2 Likes

It certainly is the case!

2 Likes