Guided Project Sharing: Employee Exit Surveys

Hello All,

This is the first time I am sharing a project. I did it with a much more independent vision and process. I learned a lot by exploring new things and figuring out how to code what I had in mind. One thing I could not quite get to work is making a bar of pie chart. You will see it as a markdown portion in the analysis, please let me know if you can figure out how to achieve that.

Of course any other feedback is appreciated too but I am satisfied with how it turned out and had a lot of fun doing it.

Cheers!
Employee_Exit_Surveys.ipynb (437.7 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

I just thought of adding one more piece of analysis, so I will update the notebook again once it’s done. I want to see if the resignations for new employees changed over the years.

1 Like

Employee_Exit_Surveys_Updated.ipynb (477.3 KB)

You can find the updated notebook above. I tried to analyze if the resignations among young new hires changed over the years and if the sub-reasons changed as well. Interestingly, for three consecutive years the share of new young resignations for TAFE increased year over year. And from 2012 this trend started forming at DETE as well. Their resignations more than doubled from 2012-2013.

Looks like new young hires felt dissatisfied with the job itself, felt lack of recognition every year as well and then from 2011 they also started feeling a lack of work life balance.

I drew my conclusion based on this and left some additional questions that could be prodded.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @sid.ja0707, congratulations on winning the community champion notebook for the week!

My few suggestions:

• Not sure why some of your plots are not rendering for me. Perhaps you can check the code again to see the error message.
  • SettingWithCopyWarning: When creating a new Dataframe object from an existing Dataframe object, you can use the .copy method to create a new copy of the existing Dataframe object.
  • The last empty cell can be deleted to make it look for professional.

Thanks for the high-quality analysis!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I have incorporated it and the updated notebook is below. Regarding the graph that was not rendering, I am not sure why but I deleted the cell because it’s the same graph that’s part of the multiple plots I have shown later in the analysis.

Employee_Exit_Surveys_ver1.2.ipynb (473.1 KB)

P.S. If anyone can help figure out the bar of pie plot that’d be very appreciated haha Thanks!