Guided Project: Star Wars Project

Hi everyone,

So I made the decision to finish the assignment and adhere to the advice provided in the Star-Wars guided project. Your comments will be greatly appreciated. Please let me know what can be added, removed, or changed about the project, how my code and visualisations can be made better if there are any problems that need to be resolved if there are any errors or typos, and whether you agree or disagree with my conclusion. and I implemented several corrections and suggestions made by @israelogunmola

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello @OlutokiJohn . How are you?

I like the simple and direct approach you have taken to this project. I have thoroughly reviewed your work and will share some feedback from the main areas you highlighted (the code, visuals, sentence structure, and conclusion) :smiley:

Code:
Your code is easy to follow: this is great because it helps me and others on the platform refer to your work and understand what you are trying to accomplish at each point. The markdown cells also do an excellent job of providing detailed context to the flow of your work. Awesome!

Some suggestions to make your code even cleaner:

• You could consider importing all the necessary python libraries in cell one. Remember you already mentioned that you were importing the necessary datasets and libraries here:

• The comment in cell two could be more concise

Comments shouldn’t duplicate your code. They should instead provide an idea of what the following lines of code would accomplish. An alternative, in this case, could be “Previewing the first ten rows of our data.”

Visuals:
Suppose I understand the situation correctly, You have addressed the visuals from an exploratory angle, and I believe the visuals did great at that. However, I noticed that some charts had missing axis labels and titles. I believe these details would help readers interpret them better.

One more thing, to avoid the chart object info from getting printed on your notebook:

You can use a semicolon (;) at the end of your code, or call the plt.show() method :+1:.

Sentence Structure:
Fantastic! I have nothing to add here. The sentences were short, concise, clear, and easy to follow. It had an excellent hand-holding effect of navigating me through every aspect of your work :wine_glass:.

Conclusion:
I have no objections here. The concluding visualization supports your conclusion. JarJar seems to be the least favored character.

Some suggestions you could consider here:
You could use more of an explanatory style on the last visualization. Representing the information in a horizontal bar chart with labels and axis titles could leave a lasting impression on the reader, further positioning your conclusion as the key takeaway from your analysis.

Again, I want to commend your effort in this analysis. Cheers to learning and improving. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, @israelogunmola for the detailed feedback, I’d work on all of your suggestions and effect them.
I really appreciate

1 Like

I don’t understand what you meant by this, please.

1 Like

Hello @OlutokiJohn.

Your visuals seemed to identify distributions and relationships between variables in your dataset: this is what I mean by the “exploratory angle”. Since the analyst’s goal is to inform themselves of the interesting patterns in the dataset, there is less emphasis on making the charts understandable to others.

A follow up to this is the explanatory angle. Here, the analyst usually picks a few plots (from the exploration, of course!) and polishes them further (with titles, labels, legends and annotations where necessary) so readers can easily interpret the message. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is an exploratory visual for example: Here, I can’t really tell what the analyst wants me to see:

Here is an explanatory visual after polishing the same chart: Here, there is a lot more context for easy understanding

The good news: You can now pick key visuals from your project and polish them further for anyone to follow and understand.

Let me know if this is clearer :wine_glass:

1 Like