31 Years of Python | 48 Hour Sale Extension!!!
days
hours
minutes
seconds

Guided Project: Visualization of Life Expectancy and GDP Variation Over Time

Screen Link: (Learn data science with Python and R projects)

My Code: N/A

What I expected to happen:

Instructions: step 1:
From the Get data icon in the Home tab, select Text/CSV to load the SampleDataWS.csv file.

Expected to find csv file in home folder.

What actually happened:

Sample file SampleDataWS.csv is not present. Only “Financial Sample …” related files available for use that do not seem related to the guided project.

As a general note the completion updates for each module seems to be very slow as well. Currently at Step 5 of the ‘Visualize data in Power BI module’, however none of the previous steps are marked complete even though all screens have been completed and have the check mark present.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @jbdatadevops,

Welcome to the Community!

I’ll help you with the final part of your question :slightly_smiling_face: This one:

As a general note the completion updates for each module seems to be very slow as well. Currently at Step 5 of the ‘Visualize data in Power BI module’, however none of the previous steps are marked complete even though all screens have been completed and have the check mark present.

Could you please share your feedback with the Content & Product teams of Dataquest? Just click the ? button in the upper-right corner of any screen of the Dataquest learning platform, select Share Feedback, fill in the form, and send it. Thanks!

Welcome!

Just wanted to add that by switching career paths, then switching back, your lesson completition should update. At least, this worked for me.

1 Like

@saturdaynightwrist, after reading your comment, I’ve realized that my previous suggestion was wrong: here we have not feedback but actually reporting an issue with the platform. I mean, it’s not about the process being updated slowly (as it was mentioned in the topic) but that it isn’t updated at all.

So, @jbdatadevops, kindly ignore the steps that I suggested to you in the previous post. Instead, do the following steps to inform the Technical Support Team of Dataquest about this issue: click the ? button in the upper-right corner of the platform screen where you detected the issue, describe the problem, and click Report an Issue.

@saturdaynightwrist, thank you so much for attracting my attention to this topic again and making me realize my mistake! :pray: That’s great that you’ve found a workaround to the problem! However, I still strongly suggest to both of you, @jbdatadevops and @saturdaynightwrist, to report the issue to the Technical Support Team using the steps described in this post. Otherwise, if you continue using this workaround, the Support Team will never know about this issue and hence won’t be able to fix it! :grinning:

Thanks for your collaboration!:heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hi @jbdatadevops

If you were not able to sort out the issue by now, here is the csv file I have downloaded from the lesson screen.
SampleDataWS.csv (313.3 KB)

If you have downloaded MS Power BI desktop, you can follow along the guided project using this dataset. Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks @jithins123, I was able to progress using your solution.

1 Like