Guided Project5: Visualizing The Gender Gap In College Degrees

Greetings!

I had fun working on the 5th guided project on my Dataquest journey. The project was mainly aimed towards visualizing the gender disparity that exists in the modern day professional field.
Though the project was short and sweet, it was quite a story to tell!

Do go through and comment!

Visualizing The Gender Gap In College Degrees.ipynb (226.1 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @shubhkirti.prasad,

Thanks for sharing your project. It looks great! Perfect project structure, emphasis where necessary, clean code, interesting observations.

Some suggestions from my side:

• It’s better to re-run the project when it’s already ready, to have all the code cells in order and starting from 1. Well, this projects doesn’t have many code cells, I know :slightly_smiling_face: But for your future projects, it’s a good point to keep in mind.
  • Another good practice is to use a uniform quote mark style for the string data type in code cells throghout the project: or only single, or only double quote marks.
  • It’s recommended to avoid some obvious comments like # let’s import the libraries and read the dataset into a dataframe. Also, a good idea is to keep code comments as laconic as possible.
  • As for the conclusion, just the opposite, you might consider making it a little bit more wordy here, including some other important insights obtained in the project.
  • For this code:
    ax.spines["right"].set_visible(False)    
    ax.spines["left"].set_visible(False)
    ax.spines["top"].set_visible(False)    
    ax.spines["bottom"].set_visible(False)

you can consider using a for-loop.

Otherwise, everything is perfect, good job!
Hope my suggestions were useful.
Hapy learning!

1 Like

Hey Elena!

I appreciate all your suggestions and will surely keep them in mind during my next guided project!
Thanks alot! :smile:

1 Like

That’s great @shubhkirti.prasad, I’m glad it was helpful! :star_struck:

1 Like