Guided Projects with DQ Community - Building a spam filter using naive bayes

Hello DQ Team,

I have completed my 5th guided project with the DQ community after referring to an inspiring project on the same topic shared by @Elena_Kosourova. Request you all to critique this project.

Build A Spam Filter With Naive Bayes | Dataquest

Building a Spam Filter with Naive Bayes.ipynb (414.4 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @ashwin86rajan,

Thanks for sharing your project with the Community! And of course, I’m very glad to know that my project was helpful! :star_struck:

Your project is well-structured, with a clean code, correct conclusions, and all the code cells in order. I would suggest you just a couple of things:

• It’s better to add more markdown explanations throughout the project, to explain to the reader your observations and next steps.
  • The code comments should be as laconic as possible, explaining only technical (and only the most necessary) details of a subsequent piece of code. Also, avoid inserting an empty line after a code comment and the subsequent piece of code to which this comment is related.
  • A good practice is to combine subsequent code cells that have no outputs or markdown explanations between them into one code cell.

Hope my ideas were helpful. Good luck with your future projects!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Here is the reworked project with the changes.

Building a Spam Filter with Naive Bayes.ipynb (407.2 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Your project helps me a lot too. I learn some new things from your project, and your explanation is so detail… thank you!