Guided Projects with DQ Community - Finding the best markets to advertise in

Hi Team,

This is the 3rd guided project that I completed on Dataquest. I have retained most elements from the project already done but have written observations on my own. Requesting valuable feedback from @Elena_Kosourova and the DQ team,

[Last mission screen] (Learn data science with Python and R projects)

Finding the best markets to advertise in.ipynb (198.5 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Hi @ashwin86rajan,

Thanks for sharing your new project with the Community! And by the way, great learning pace, you’re really fast :slightly_smiling_face: You project is well-structured, the storytelling easy to follow, your code comments are significantly improved, all the links are available.

Some further suggestions:

• Re-running your project when it’s already completed is really important. And not only for decorative purposes: sometimes it can help you to avoid confusion and wrong conclusions.
  • You’d better remove the word “title” before the project title, and make the title itself bigger.
  • I’d suggest you to remove the questions taken from the DQ instructions, but just write everything as a smooth text. Indeed, everything is already written in your project, and the initial questions are rather clear from the answers themselves. Also, it’s better to avoid writing phrases like “we are going to practice what we learned on the course”. Then the project will look more real-world rather than a learning one. This could be helpful for your portfolio in future.
  • A good idea is to import all the libraries at the beginning of the project, in the first code cell.
  • Since you created boxplots 3 times and the code is rather similar, you can consider defining a function for all of them.
  • It’s better to avoid empty lines in the code cells when they are not really necessary.
  • Please remove the last empty code cell.

Hope my ideas were useful. Good luck with your future projects and keep this fast learning pace!

1 Like

Thanks for your much valued feedback @Elena_Kosourova. I hope to improve the next time.

1 Like

Here I’m re-sharing the project with the corrections.

Finding the best markets to advertise in.ipynb (248.3 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

1 Like

Great job @ashwin86rajan to apply all the suggestions! Now your project looks perfect.

1 Like