Just finished the Hacker News Guided Project. I did all the required steps, including changing the time zone by importing the pytz module. I was just wondering if there was a timedelta that worked for subtracting from times, as I had to find a workaround when doing the project.
Hacker News Guided Project.ipynb (29.0 KB)
Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab
@kchitty23 good job on completing this project. I have gone through your project and have a few pointers to possibly help improve it. (please click on the bullet arrows below)
Once you are done with a project, it is recommended to re-run the entire project so that the cells order correctly. You can do the same using this Restart and Run all
This will ensure the cell numbers are contiguous.
I would recommend that you elaborate your conclusion. It should be where the reader can simultaneously get a brief idea of your project, what you did for it and the conclusion that were drawn. The cherry on the pie would be your personal opinion about the conclusions. Also I think you can leave out the request for feedback when you have put your project in to your portfolio.
Add a link to where the reader can access the dataset, this should be available in the page where Dataquest introduces the project. This allows them to validate your findings if they are interested.
While you have been able to give the correct outputs, it is also important to add some context to your outputs by giving your own analysis. The analysis could possibly include your assumptions, your research or what you understand from the findings
- The outcome of cells  and  not rounded. I recommend rounding the outcomes. For cell, all you need to do is
round(ask_hour_freq). For cell
- I noticed that you wrote cell to get the output printed correctly. You could instead use the following code as sample and combine cell and cell to get your output.
for key,each_val in sample_dictionary.items():
I shall let you research on what the functions
- I think you can avoid printing the timezones. It just becomes an exercise in scrolling and does not really help the reader with going over the project.
- I could not find any issues with this regard.
- Once you have a hold on visualization. I recommend that you re-do this project and add a couple of visualizations.
You have done a good job. Hope to see your work after you have added some data viz. Keep working on the projects. You are doing well