Helicopter Prison Break Guided Project

Hello, I have just completed my first python guided project

I’ll appreciate helpful feedbacks.

Basics.ipynb (197.9 KB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

4 Likes

Hello,

Great job completing the project.

If you intend to do more work on the project, my suggestion is to change the title to be more specific. Even if the readers understand that it’s about helicopter escapes, but what they really want to know is what exactly about helicopter escapes will they learn from reading the whole notebook. Is it about countries with high helicopter escape incidents? Is it about criminals who escaped prison by helicopter? And so forth.

Hope that helps.

Feel free to tell me if it doesn’t. I’m learning myself.

1 Like

Congrats on completing your first project.

I would suggest you to try to come up with alternate ways to get the same end result of every exercise.

When you think of these methods, they might not work sometimes. In these instances, note down why it didn’t work as a comment

For instance, take a moment to think if the piece of code below

for y in  range(min_year, max_year + 1):  
     years.append(y) 
attempts_per_year=[]  
for i in  years:      
    attempts_per_year.append([i,0])  
print(attempts_per_year)

can be written with these lines

attempts_per_year = list﴾[years,0]﴿ 
print﴾attempts_per_year﴿

In this case, no. This will not give you the correct result. Why? What do you think would be the result.

Taking a moment to think of alternate ways might take a bit of your time but would help you learn more and get better at debugging code.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, I did find it helpful and I will be making the correction by adding a more descriptive title.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s definitely a learning strategy I will adapt, Thank you for your insight.

2 Likes