CYBER WEEK - EXTRA SAVINGS EVENT
TRY A FREE LESSON

How to Plot a Bar Graph in Matplotlib: The Easy Way

Originally published at: https://www.dataquest.io/blog/how-to-plot-a-bar-graph-matplotlib/

A bar graph or bar chart is one of the most common visualization types and is very easy to create in Matplotlib. All we need to do is write one short line of Python code.  However, if we want to create an informative, easily readable bar plot that efficiently reveals the story behind the data, we have to keep several important things in mind. That’s what we’re going to discuss in this article.  Some of these suggestions are only specific to bar plots;…

14 Likes

Brilliant article. Love the humorous play on words with the “bar related dataset” :grinning:. Excellent explanations on bar plots uses, do’s and don’ts.
Only thing I can suggest is to make the intro a bit more conversational and engaging. You did this really well later on in the article.
Great article for when I get back to visualisations. Saving right now!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Achi! :heart_eyes: I accumulateed all these ideas based the guided projects that I reviewed, thinking that it may be useful :nerd_face: And about the short introduction, I was just already in a hurry to start drinking! :smiley: :joy:

By the way, today I published the 2nd part of this topic. Always about the same drinks, of course :yum:

2 Likes