Can someone please explain the workings of code cell 28?
And if possible use the scatter plot, hexbin, bar plots to answer some of the questions:
- Do students in more popular majors make more money?
- Do students that majored in subjects that were majority female make more money?
- Is there any link between the number of full-time employees and median salary?earnings_visualization.ipynb (691.2 KB)
Hello @tcharkovskii! Could you please upload your notebook so we can see your project? You can also upload it on Nbviewer.
okay, i’ve uploaded the notebook, please take a look at my code
Could you upload your project on Github? I cannot run it just from the
Hello @artur.sannikov96 here is the link to his project
Thanks, @info.victoromondi for sharing!
Ok, here is some feedback @tcharkovskii:
- You can give more information about the dataset you’re working with.
- Write an introduction: what is the aim of your project?
- Give all your plots a title and axes labels. It helps readability:)
- Explain better your results: what are these bar plots? Why did you draw a scatter matrix? What about the hexagonal plots?
- Write a conclusion: what did you find in the data? Wrap up your results.
You can read more on how to improve the project’s style here.
I am having problems interpreting the plots to guide the answers.
Well we are having problems too because without context it’s hard to understand what’s going on, but still here’s how i would interpret each plot
- Scatter plots: Is there any linear relationship between the data? How spread are the data?
- Histograms: What’s the distribution of the data, right, normal, left skewd? What does that mean?
- Scatter matrix: Are the data related? how? are there any correlation between the data?
- Bar plots: Wich bars are taller and what does that mean
- Box plots: What’s the min, max, Q1, Q3, mean and interquartile values and what does that mean? Are there any outliers?
- Hex bin: Are there any relationship between the data? how are the data related? If you look at them it’s just a different way to represent a scatter plot
But seriously write some context, storytelling it’s also important because without it nobody can’t understand what’s going on.
Also some documents and websites that can help you