I don't see difference in the methods used in combining functions mission

The mission link:https://app.dataquest.io/m/315/functions%3A-fundamentals/11/combining-functions

And why we haven’t used sum & len functions inside our created function?

I don’t see difference in the methods used in combining functions mission

You will have to be more specific than that about what the issue is.

And why we haven’t used sum & len functions inside our created function?

They have to try to keep things simple for people who are extremely new to programming so that they don’t get overwhelmed and so that they can get more practice with writing code. The initial few courses/modules are aimed at that level.

Unfortunately, patterns like these do tend to repeat in later courses as well, so I would recommend getting used to it. If you are comfortable with the language to utilize any of the relatively advanced features, then free feel to implement those. But be mindful of deviating from the instructions if the grader marks something as incorrect.

1 Like

I am very sorry about being not specific, but I couldn’t express it in other words.
I am really an absolute beginner and this question has come to me ( why we haven’t used sum & len functions inside our created function? ), so I asked for its answer, I don’t mean anything else.
Do you see that if I think of another solution especially if I am a beginner is wrong?
Thanks a lot.

Not at all. It’s great to explore and experiment. But I would recommend spending a bit more time on working through problems on your own and trying to understand where or why you get stuck or get something wrong before you post questions.

Currently, some of your questions are around errors or mistakes that you can spot yourself if you spend a bit more time on them or searching online for an answer (like an error message). It’s a good habit to develop code debugging skills. But you aren’t doing anything wrong either. It’s ok (and encouraged) to ask questions, of course.

Keep learning, keep persisting, keep experimenting and having fun!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I will act on this advice.