I got admitted to a foreign university due to the DQ course

Hello everyone!

Today I’d like to share my short success story.

Last summer I have graduated Information Security Bachlor degree in ITMO University. And as many my peers, I was looking for my calling: I worked as a bratender and as a server during my Work&Travel experience, was a cook in a haute cuisine restaraunt, translated novels for publisher in Russia, alone developed and launched a mobile game and etc. But that was simply not mine.

Then I tried to structurized and analyize all things I like to do. And here It hit me - I like to analyze. I decided to continue in Data Science\Data Analysis Master Degree. Everywhere I was rejected. As an example, I was ranked 1700 in one of the university I applied for.

Then I decided to pass a course in Data Analysis. There are a lot of courses in my native language but none of them was apprropriate (knowledge was pretty disordered, I couldn’t understand how to collect, operate and clean the information, etc).

FORTUNATELY, I faced the DataQuest course. I fell in love with Data Analysis because of YOU, guys. I passed Data Analyst in Python Path (even become a champion of the week once), got a robust base of knowledge, and fill in my portfolio. Time has come to apply for Master Degree again. And you know what? I GOT ADMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY I WAS DREAMED OF! I was 1700th before, and now I am one of the admitted.

I am glad that DQ exists. Thank you Data Quest for making us better.

Happy New Year!

28 Likes

This is an amazing news! Congratulations @pudgiko and thank you so much for sharing this happy news and your inspiring story with us.

2 Likes

Congratulations on getting admitted into your choice university!

ITMO is one of my favourite Russian universities.

2 Likes

Hi @pudgiko , thanks a lot for the inspirational story, Dataquest is indeed a destiny shaper.

1 Like

CONGRATS! I can feel how excited you are from your words

1 Like

This is amazing news @pudgiko! :heart_eyes:

So humbled that we could help you achieve your dreams. :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations @pudgiko and best of luck in your Masters program!:tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations @pudgiko! Your story is so inspiring. I intend to change my career path too.

2 Likes

Hey @pudgiko

Congratulations for your Admission! Great way to leave behind the nightmare of 2020 and Amazing way to start 2021. Wish you all the very best :+1: