Independent Project №1: Car Market in Russia, Dynamics and Current Situation

Hi,
I just finished my first independent project but don’t know how to upload it to DQ. May I get some advice?
I think, I need a folder for the notebook, but I cannot step up from the guided project folder, so I need help.

Import.ipynb (600.4 KB)
This is the project itself.
And there are two files with data.
Import_Total.csv (2.1 KB)
Russian_Position.csv (343 Bytes)

I would be grateful.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

2 Likes

Hi @sv.dolgushina! It’s not clear to me where you want to upload the notebook. On the DataQuest notebook platform?

Hi,
To share the project, what exactly should I do? To upload notebook+dataset on the DQ notebook platform?
If yes, then how? It is independent project, so, I cannot do it as we are doing for guided project.

Hi @sv.dolgushina ,

Your charts are beautiful, particulary the choice of colors, weights, styles, spines, legend, axis & titles in bold, annotations in italic, alpha parameter so we distiniguish better bars from plot line, markers, axhlines informative per se, etc. it’s very impressive! Sure you spent hours to make such plots.

For future works like this, you might be interested to know that you can save time and make your work more concise writting less lines of code by setting a global config at the beginning of your notebook since your charts have recurring params. See Customizing Matplotlib with style sheets and rcParams — Matplotlib 3.5.1 documentation

Best

W.

Thanks for your feedback)).

For me, global configurations are the next level of coding. Now I understand only the basic terms)

Gathering information for this project took a long time. I reworked the data set a couple of dozen times, but in the end they contain only a few rows.
While working on this project, I read some research, so I tried to copy the content style.
And, of course, finding the best shape for each chart wasn’t easy either. The last two charts contain a set of line graphs, each with its own coordinates. Coming up with such a plot, and then finding a way to implement it at my current level of programming is a masterpiece, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ohh I am not sure this is the next level for you, some params look easy to config

for example :

import matplotlib as mpl
mpl.rcParams['marker']='o'

Oh by the way I usually try to do the same thing!!! :slight_smile:

You’ve just shared the project:) You have to upload it on the Community website and that’s it.

Hi Svetlana,

I’ve changed the title of your post, so you don’t need to do anything else about it. This folder is actually for all kinds of projects, not only guided ones.

By the way, great job! :heart_eyes: An interesting and fresh topic, absolutely cool visualizations, smooth and informative storytelling. To add to Wilfried’s suggestions, I recommend you to re-run your project (to have all the code cells numbered in order starting from 1) and also to remove the code cell from the conclusion. Run that code cell and display the table before the conclusion, and then, in the conclusion itself, just emphasize once again that the changes are within 1.5% of world imports.

1 Like

Thanks, guys, for your feedback.
I’ve edited the project according to your instructions:

Import.ipynb (605.2 KB)

Elena, I really can use the notebook any way, the problem is finding the folder the next day.
Now all files are here: https://app.dataquest.io/jupyter/tree/notebook/Import_1.
But in order to access this folder, I have to go via the managed project associated with this path. At least I haven’t found any other way.

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

Svetlana, do you mean that all your files for this independent project are now saved on the DQ server? f so, I’d suggest you to download them on your local machine.