Independent Project: Pitchfork Over the Years

Hello friends!

I completed another project and I’d love to get some feedback if any of y’all have the time. This one is a visualization/data analysis project where I looked at the reviews from the music site Pitchfork. I got the dataset from user Nolan Conaway on Kaggle and it can be found here.

Here’s the project:
Pitchfork.ipynb (339.2 KB)

Thanks in advance!

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

3 Likes

Hi @Johnsonk51502

Can’t comment on the technical part yet as I have to go through the dataset myself. However great work! I went through the whole project in one go :+1:

I would love to see this project extended some more. The narrative and reasoning are well structured and the plots are consistent and explain what is intended. The highlighting with grey and non-grey is cool :ok_hand:

Here are a couple of questions:

• have you explored other tables as well or are intending to? will you be combining them for more analysis in future?
  • are there more questions that you would like to be answered from this dataset? Perhaps I can take some of them as my own homework!?

Thanks for sharing your project with the DQ community. Appreciate the efforts you have put into it.

1 Like

Hi Rucha,

I was considering going further on a couple of questions using the database. I would use SQL to answer questions like which artist has the highest average rating? Which artist has the lowest average rating etc.

I might work on these myself while I have time on my lunch today but I’ll let you know if I need assistance! In any case, I’m always looking for people to collaborate with. Do you have your Github set up yet?

1 Like

Hi @Johnsonk51502

Apologies I did not state it right. I was asking in terms of taking away homework for my own learning.

This is your project, and I would appreciate it as a guide work to know how you are thinking over a dataset and what kind of insights have you inferred from it. Not in collaboration but as a reference.

Again, cool submission. Thanks for sharing! Happy Learning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha!

Well, when I finish updates to it, I’ll re-post the project so you can see it.

1 Like