Is there anything wrong with my solution

So i am doing the remove duplicates part of the google play store app project, and wondered if there is anything inherently wrong with my code. I created my solution before following the DQ recommendation

In order to find duplicates dataquest suggests to us the below code, however i used a different method to capture the index of the duplicate rows , which i can then delete later.

can someone have a look and tell me if there is anything wrong with what i did ?

My Code

duplicate_rows = []
unique_rows = []
unique_dict = {}
rows_for_deletion = []

for row in google_data:
    
    app_name = row[0]
    no_reviews = row[2]
    row_index = google_data.index(row)
    
    if app_name not in unique_dict:
        
        unique_dict[app_name] = [no_reviews, row_index]
        
    else:
        if unique_dict[app_name][0] < no_reviews:
            
            rows_for_deletion.append(unique_dict[app_name][1])
            
            unique_dict[app_name] = [no_reviews, row_index]
        else:
            rows_for_deletion.append(row_index)

clean_data = google_data

for row in rows_for_deletion:
    del clean_data[row]

DQ Code

reviews_max = {}

for row in google_data:
    name = row[0]
    n_reviews = float(row[3])
    
    if name in reviews_max and reviews_max[name] < n_reviews:
        reviews_max[name] = n_reviews
    elif name not in reviews_max:
        reviews_max[name] = n_reviews

print(len(reviews_max))

google_clean = []
already_added = []

for row in google_data:
    name = row[0]
    n_reviews = float(row[3])
    
    if (reviews_max[name] == n_reviews) and (name not in already_added):
        google_clean.append(row)
        already_added.append(name)

print(len(google_clean))

What I expected to happen:

What actually happened:

Replace this line with the output/error

You can verify this by yourself:

  1. Use your code
  2. Use different variable names for Dataquest’s code
  3. Run both of them
  4. Compare the results