Is there R-studio like IDE for Python?

Hi
I am new in python and using Jupyterlab. I just wonder if there is an extension for Jupyterlab or any other IDE for python that I can see variables in memory in a separate tab (like R-studio) when I am writing my code?
I will appreciate any comments.
Thanks

Hi @reza_45. I am an R user and love RStudio for this reason. The python IDE that I’ve found to be closest to RStudio is Spyder. Spyder installed automatically when I downloaded Anaconda. With thad said, I still prefer Jupyterlab when working with Python. Hope this helps. Best,
-Casey

1 Like

Hi Casey,
you are definitely right. RStudio is a very efficient IDE.
I have spyder at Anaconda dashboard. I will give it a try.
Thank you
cheers

1 Like

I have been using Visual Studio Code which replicates Jupyter Notebook quite nicely. It also allows me to convert Jupyter Notebook to python script with one click. I can then use advanced debugging and watch variables update real time by putting them in watch list and pausing code using breakpoints or using the pause button. I should note that it is really hard to inspect dataframes properly while the code is running. PyCharm is apparently better in that aspect.

2 Likes

If you’re a student you could apply to GitHub’s Student Pack and get PyCharm free for a time.

2 Likes