Israel Ogunmola's first Guided project with Jupyter notebook

Hello I am Israel, Looking to explore the field of Data analytics and Data science. I followed the instructions given for the project and also explored some additional options on my own. I am enjoying DataQuest so far.

Any feedback would be appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the link to the last mission screen: Learn data science with Python and R projects

Notebook: Basics.ipynb (3.5 MB)

Click here to view the jupyter notebook file in a new tab

4 Likes

Congratulations for your first project. That is some solid piece of work you have done and you should be proud of your self. As you know it’s a learning curve and we all learn along this wonderful journey.

At first glance I was impressed by your project. However, kindly if you don’t mind I have some recommendations to make:

1. If you have not already, kindly host this project on your GitHub account instead of sharing it as an isolated .ipynb file. Professionally that is where you will be showcasing your portfolio. Then you share the repository in which the project is hosted.

2. Let me take this opportunity to encourage you further. I know you are delighted that it is your first project. I agree but now you have started the journey. I would not write as a heading that “this is my first project” Give it a more descriptive name that aligns with your objective eg. Analyzing----. Or what do you think about that?

3. I would import all libraries in one code cell, it makes it easier for someone to know exactly what you used.

4. Try to label your charts. Assume that your audience don’t have your knowledge. Make it easier for them to understand simply what is being communicated…eg label the axes…put a title and a legend where necessary.

5. It would be nice if you briefly describe the data set. What are the key features, what is it about then you can provide the link for someone who wants to delve further.

6. Lastly its good practice to write brief comments on code cells to describe what you are doing eg. # Importing all the libraries

Nice work Israel! Thank you for your time and for reading this. Of course this is not everything. As you continue learning by yourself and from others you will iterate through this project and find other additions or omissions to make. Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback. It is very detailed and also helpful. I am excited to continue my learning journey with DataQuest🤩

Great work on your first project, mate!