Jupyter file location

I just started the Data Engineering track and am already stuck on one of the Jupyter Notebook exercises.

In screen 7 (Text and Markdown cells), I need to open AppleStore.csv, but where is this file located?

I see some people have a local installation of Jupyter, but mine runs in the dataquest website, should I change this?

When I simply try the code from the solution, I get the following error:

FileNotFoundErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
in ()
----> 1 opened_file = open(‘AppleStore.csv’)
2 from csv import reader
3 read_file = reader(opened_file)
4 apps_data = list(read_file)

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘AppleStore.csv’

Hi @steven001, apologies for this, it looks like this file is missing on our end. We’re going to fix this as fast as we can.

open(‘AppleStore.csv’) works fine on the corresponding Jupyter mission in the Data Scientist track, so one temporary workaround is to run your code there until we fix this (which will be very soon): https://app.dataquest.io/m/349/project%3A-learn-and-install-jupyter-notebook

Thanks @alex I was trying to understand what was going on, if I needed to download the file myself… I’ll use the first Jupyter mission to complete this exercise, then.

Hi @stefannibrasil, this has been fixed already, and you should be able to work on our interface. Have you encountered any related issue? We’d be happy to help if that happened.

Yes, I do. When I inspect the csv on mission 7th, I can see that it does exist:

But when I run the same code on the first mission, it works

@stefannibrasil looks like everything’s good then, please correct me if I’m wrong, I was a bit confused by your reply.

A post was split to a new topic: Filepaths in Jupyter

hi @alex thanks for the reply! No worries, I was also confused, all good. Thanks!