Keyboard Shortcuts

Why aren’t shortcuts introduced since the first few missions ? This information is too unintuitive and hard to access

(for data quest console And Jupyter Notebook too)

• certain shortcuts do not work on chrome for the data quest console (like alt+space for exemple)
2 Likes

Hi @Moon,

I would be happy to help you with it. Which operating system are you using?

Best,
Sahil

i’m using windows 10, chrome

Hi @Moon,

I asked @Bruno to test it, and it seems that the shortcuts for Jupyter notebook and copy-paste shortcuts of our command-line missions are working.

The run code shortcut is not working because Alt + Space is reserved by Windows OS for opening the Window menu. I will inform the engineering team about it.

He has also found an issue with the copy and paste shortcuts of our command-line missions:

While the copying works fine, the pasting shortcut will not work on the first attempt. Every time you copy something from the terminal, you have to use Ctrl + a, Ctrl + v two times to paste it.

Best,
Sahil

1 Like

Hey @Sahil,

I’m also having a problem with shortcuts.

Trying to get to next screen by using “option + n” but it returns “~” instead.
Using “option + b” to go to previous screen works fine though.

I’m using chrome on Mac.

Hope you can help me out, thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @aliabinti.abdulaziz,

If the editor/terminal is in focus (cursor blinking) then the next and previous screen shortcuts will not work. For it to work, you have to click outside of the editor/terminal like this:

However, clicking outside the terminal just to use the shortcut isn’t practical. I will submit it as a feature request.

Best,
Sahil

1 Like

Thanks @Sahil!

Hope to see it being implemented soon :smile:

1 Like