This challenge has now ended and I’m excited to inform y’all that we saw a participation that exceeded my imagination!
In these 2 months, 12 learners published a total of 13 articles in our magazine!
Here they are:
- @veratsien looked back on her learning journey in How I learnt Data Science in 175 days as a complete beginner
- @ksenia.kustanovich shared tips for learning Plotly in How I started with a data viz library not covered by DQ courses (middle of Data Analyst Path)
- @uni.hue.lee walked us through a personal project she built in Coal-free Britain: How did they get there and what comes next?.
- @Edelberth shared an advanced project in Audio frequency classification by unsupervised learning and dimensionality reduction applied to Multi-Dimensional Scaling (MDS)
- @downey published an interesting example from their upcoming book in Did Elvis Have an Identical Twin? Probably
- @Brettnroberts shared advice on communicating data insights based on his background in journalism in The Problem With “Data-Storytelling”
- @Elena_Kosourova told us about 8 cool Python libraries in Hidden treasures of Python: rarely used libraries and how to use them.
- @uni.hue.lee walked us through another personal project of hers in Tracking progress on decarbonization: electricity and transport
- @artur.sannikov96 wrote about their experience of applying their lessons in real-life in How I automated a non-profit with Python
- @michael.hoang17 wrote about their cool personal project in Using data analysis to see if my dad is right about today’s music
- @ashley.halsey1986 published 5 Ways to Land a Data Science Job (Without Prior Experience)
- @makis_plegas walked us through a cool project they did at their job in Machine Learning ‘on the rocks’
- @atikah.mohamad shared her very personal story in Discovering Data Science and Dataquest During the Pandemic: My 2020 Story and Lessons Learned
Please join me in congratulating them for sharing these awesome articles!
Apart from bragging rights, these writers will also get:
- 1 extra day of Dataquest for every like that their articles get. I’ll grant these by the end of next week. So, writers, you have 1 more week to share your articles with friends and gather the likes.
- A shiny new Writer badge in the Community!
Sneak Peek: The March Writer Contest
Owing to the success of this writers challenge, we have decided to double down and organize a March Writers contest - this time with a 250 USD prize!
To participate, all you need to do is publish an article in Dataquest Direct in the month of March. I’ll share more details about this contest soon.
In the meantime, get your writing hats on, folks!