Looking for people to collaborate

Updates:
Updated on July 9, 2019.

Moving forward, we will be using community.dataquest.io and the group called collaboration to communicate with each other. It will be better to stay on one platform.

Thanks,
Alvin.

Collaboration Resources
Timezone: Join the timezone team, so you can see who is available in your timezone.
Discord server (for voice chat): https://discord.gg/WRbVaqB

Wiki on collaboration ideas:
Note to user this is a wiki post. You may add ideas to the post.

1. There’s a few competitions available in Kaggle:
  1. [Can be a self project] Write Machine Learning algorithm implementation from scratch in Python, C++, or any languages. This helps to study for interviews.

2. Innovative data storytelling on the web.

1. ML ideas?
  • Recommender system like netflix
  1. Data pipeline projects for ML to highlight database skills.

Original post:

I am looking for anyone who wish to collaborate on any of the following projects:

• kaggle
  • data visualization
  • open source python
  • interview studying
  • others - if you have other suggestions.
12 Likes

I would love to collaborate

1 Like

I’d be interested in collaborating on projects! I’ve complete the Data Scientist Track and am mostly looking to work on interesting projects for my portfolio.

2 Likes

Hey, I am in.
I have experience in data visualization and I am open for everything.

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman:t2: I’m especially interested in collaborating on machine learning projects as I’m building my portfolio. Also an interview studying group is a great idea!

1 Like

Hey @markyjackson, @collin, @mimnet, @floraxinru,

Awesome. I have one last course Spark and Map Reduce to complete the Data Scientist path.

On the collaboration ideas:

1. There’s a few competitions available in Kaggle:
  1. [Can be a self project] Write Machine Learning algorithm implementation from scratch in Python, C++, or any languages. This helps to study for interviews.

2. Innovative data storytelling on the web.

1. ML ideas?
  • Recommender system like netflix
  1. Data pipeline projects for ML to highlight database skills.

And, I also building my own portfolio. Here are my to-do-list

• Set up a blog on github

• Rewrite my resume

2 Likes

Hi I want to collaborate with very little I learned. I completed Data Analyst path and will start Data Scientist soon. Taking 1 week off. Start June 3rd. Never done Kaggle and want to do. I want to blog. I set one using the Dataquest tutorial. But also have a WordPress one I want to start writing to teach myself DS

1 Like

Hey @alvinctk,

I like a lot of your ideas. I think the Toxicity classification project on Kaggle would be a good place to start. Maybe we could each start by taking a look at the project and creating an EDA kernel?

Should we create a discord or slack to have a place to meet and collaborate on these projects?

My discord id is LemonPuffs#4823 . Or my slack space work group is here.

Sure, creating a group is a good place to start.

P.S. I have a google phone interview in two or four weeks.

Best,
Alvin.

Hi Alvin! I love your idea for collaborating! It would be great! Please count me in.

1 Like

Hi, I will like to collaborate, but I didn’t start spark yet. I am very comfortable with python (numpy, pandas, pyplot, seaborn), sas, sql. I want to start my data science portfolio, but I don’t want to do a project that is done over and over. Need help for any idea, my only requirement rare project.

Hey @markyjackson, @collin, @mimnet, @floraxinru, @pedrocj, @Kostas, @iblouse49,

I love to collaborate with you guys, but I am on a 4 week study plan to study for my Google technical phone interview.

My focus will be concentrating on learning data structures and fundamentals of programming. However, I should be able to set aside some time for the following:

1. kaggle
  1. Write Machine Learning algorithm implementation from scratch in Python, C++, or any languages. This helps to study for interviews.

2. Interview Studying - mock interview, etc.

Will someone like to lead on some projects moving forward? I will try to participate!

Also, I haven’t worked on Spark yet.

1 Like

We should get a light meeting together. Let me see what kind of agenda I can put together and take that task

2 Likes

@markyjackson,

That’s awesome! Appreciate you for volunteering to take the lead.

1 Like

im going to add you on discord

1 Like

Omg. I am accepted to Secure and Private AI Scholarship
Challenge from Facebook program.

3 Likes

That’s two good news in a week.

I have created a discord server for voice chat. The invite link is here https://discord.gg/WRbVaqB

1 Like

@alvinctk Congratulations! You seem to be an expert!!! :smiley:
I do not feel very comfortable about my knowledge on porjects but I will do my best to learn as fast as I can.

2 Likes

I would be Interested to team up. thanks

1 Like