Looking to Build a Data Research Platform for my Business

Hello Dataquest friends!

I’m a product manager at an e-commerce business, still relatively small (<100 employees) and I’m in a very fortunate position to have a shot at guiding the build out of our key data dashboards and pipelines. There’s currently only a few of us in the company that have a strong understanding of our systems and the data literacy required to put this together, but none of us have ever truly built out a business reporting structure from scratch.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has any experience with this sort of thing? “This” being setting up scalable, impactful data dashboards, and planning for and structuring true data warehouses. I anticipate the solution will require us to find some additional help in the realm of data engineering, but really want to dig in to the nuts and bolts of getting a system like this up and running so I can clearly communicate to our leadership what gaps we need to fill, and where we can push along for now with what we have.

Would love any resources anyone can share on these topics outside of the already excellent DQ education. Also very open to setting up time for a video chat or phone call if anyone would be so kind as to share their experience and advice on these topics.

Let’s talk about it! Would love to get any advice available.

Wolf

1 Like

Dear Wolf, We can discuss details in a video call to explore how I can help. The answer to your question depends on what all applications and supporting infrastructure you currently have. Happy to discuss further and help (though cant promise until I know specific details. Gulab

Hey, @gulabs_rawat and @wolfahoward

Did you find any answers to this problem ? I’m facing a similar problem. Basically, my company can make the analysis, but communicating the results (deploying/scaling, however you want to call it) needs/has to get better.

We’re currently using Metabase, which runs on SQL, but I’d like to find something that allows me to embed JavaScript charts or at least allows me to manipulate the data with more flexibility than SQL allows me to.

I’m looking forward to hear from you. I’d also gladly schedule a call to discuss this matter, if further descriptions are necessary.