Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Thanks Elena! I’ve learned so much thanks to DataQuest!

I don’t know if anyone’s found a good way to show off their badge on LinkedIn, but I’ve put it as one of my achievements there. Feel free to connect! https://www.linkedin.com/in/kdarley

2 Likes

Hi.

Is it possible to show badges on Linkedin??

Thx.

2 Likes

@kevindarley2024 , @Edelberth ,

About sharing badges on LinkedIn: we don’t have such functionality at this time, but your idea sounds very interesting, so I submitted it as feedback to our team. In the future, if you have any other feedback on what can be implemented in the Community or the learning platform itself, I encourage you to send your suggestions using this link.

Of course, all the other learners are very welcome to share their ideas of potential improvements using the above link as well! :heart:

2 Likes

One more time :grin:thank you very very much Elena .

A&E.

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks a lot, Elena!

2 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Dataquest Project sharer:

@jasperquak shared his project on Finding the best markets to advertise in where he demonstrated his great ability to deal with data issues by doing a thorough analysis, asking meaningful questions, and providing smooth and informative explanations.

Project reviewer:

@jesmaxavier, together with our amazing Community Moderators, was extremely helpful this week looking through his peers’ projects and giving them detailed, actionable feedback.

Great question asker:

@mr.sha3ban returned to the Community with new cool and tricky questions on Python. Check them here and here.

Useful resource sharers:

@Edelberth and @ehall shared plenty of useful resources in the Community: [1], [2], [3], [4], and [5].

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
4 Likes

Thank you - much appreciated!

3 Likes

Here are our numerous Community Champions for this week: :tada: :partying_face:

Individual Project sharers:

Dataquest Project sharers:

Project reviewer:

@jesmaxavier, together with our Community Moderators, continues being super-helpful to the Community reviewing plenty of projects shared by other students and providing them valuable suggestions and encouragement.

Useful resource sharer:

@Johnsonk51502 shared a comprehensive guide on time series analysis which he found while working on his own individual project on this subject. Looking forward to seeing also your project in the Community, Kevin! :star_struck:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the boost, @Elena_Kosourova !! We’ll keep working hard on it!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

congratulations to all

3 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

• @m.awon shared his project on Clean and Analyze the Employee Surveys that stands out for its perfect project stricture, comprehensive and easy-to-follow storytelling, digging deep into the data, thorough data cleaning and analysis, amazing final visualizations, and pretty-printed outputs.

• @bender38 shared two great projects he made this week: Data Cleaning - Employee Exit Surveys and Star Wars survey. Both works are notable for meaningful charts (including those showing missing values) and multi-faceted data cleaning and analysis. What’s more, he worked on a valuable observation from @kwu and analyzed the difference between the biased and corrected data! :microscope::nerd_face:

• @jasperquak shared his project on Building a Spam Filter with Naive Bayes where he demonstrated his curiosity about the data and attention to details by thoroughly describing each step he undertook to reach 99% of classification efficiency and outlining potential ways forward.

Project reviewer:

@biengioichantroi and our always-helpful Community Moderators reviewed the projects of other learners in the Community, gave them actionable feedback, and showed them their appreciation.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth found an interesting article on Medium and shared it with the Community.

3 Likes

It’s hard to imagine that I could ever make it here. I’m certainly losing my words and don’t know what to say.

Joining Dataquest is truly a life-changing and humbling experience for me.

Thank you.

3 Likes

same here! :+1:

A&E.

2 Likes

That’s very nice to see! Also congratulations to the other champions!

1 Like

• @fried.jd shared his project on Euro-USD Exchange Rate and the Effect of the Holiday Season where he used an eye-catching project title, explored an original and curious topic, created insightful storytelling through visualizations, and drew interesting conclusions.

• @PatrickSmith reworked and enhanced his initial project on Analyzing Helicopter Prison Escapes that demonstrates a meaningful title, perfect structure, smooth explanation of the observations, efficient emphasis throughout the project, and informative conclusion.

• @brucemcminn posted his well-organized Rapid Sales Report for the first Power BI guided project that clearly shows key metrics of sales and profit in tabular and visual form by category, segment, and country worldwide.

Project reviewers:

This week, we have a real boom of helpful project reviewers! :heart: @jesmaxavier, @Johnsonk51502, @sergibtrader, @bender38, @vishallbabu5, @brucemcminn, @biengioichantroi, and, of course, our amazing Community Moderators - you guys did a great job giving precious feedback and the words of encouragement on your peers’ projects! :heart_eyes:

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared the links on the resource for efficiently combining many documentation pages into one interface.

5 Likes

Wow- I’m floored! Thanks for the recognition!

3 Likes

Greetings to everyone who is still in the datathon :running_man: :running_woman: :running_man:

A&E + HC

1 Like

Project reviewers:

@Johnsonk51502, @sergibtrader, @kevindarley2024, and @samas, together with our Community Moderators, were super-helpful to the Community this week reviewing other students’ projects and providing them precious feedback and encouragement.

4 Likes

Thanks Elena! I feel like I’m on a streak :).

Does this mean I get two weeks of DQ premium? (kidding). Happy to be recognized, that one took some work!

2 Likes

Hi Kevin, unfortunately, we still give only one week to double-champions , but please continue doing both things: sharing amazing and thoughtful projects and giving valuable feedback to your peers! :grinning: :trophy:

2 Likes