Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharers:

@PatrickSmith shared his first Excel dashboard on Bike Shop where he challenged himself with cleaning rather messed data in Excel, integrated 10+ different metrics into his analysis, and designed insightful plots.

Dataquest Project sharers:

Project reviewers:

@OlutokiJohn, @vishallbabu5, and @Ezemonye_Omereji, together with our Community Moderators, looked through other learners’ projects and gave them precious suggestions and encouragement.

Useful resource sharers:

This week, we have plenty of cool resources shared by our learners @vishallbabu5, @anton.pullem, @vikram.prabhu, and @Edelberth. You can check them here correspondingly: [1], [2], [3], and [4].

Alternative solution sharer:

@oengin provided an elegant and compact alternative solution for the palindrome function exercise.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
5 Likes

Hello everybody

I want to see all your stuff, so lets see if I’m able to order myself and learn new things .

Greetings HC’s

3 Likes

Thank you very much DQ. This means a lot to me and I’m happy to have been given the opportunity to grow.

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
The mentions are motivational, the rewards are mindblowing, the journey is appetizing and it has begun. To all others who have benefitted, Congratulations to you all.
Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @Elena_Kosourova Dataquest has been so helpful to me.

1 Like

Individual Project sharer:

@joshua11112010 shared his personal project on Predict Stocks using Monte Carlo Simulation that is noticeable for its successful application of specialized libraries, exploring plenty of relevant questions, perfect project structure, interesting observations at each step, helpful code comments, and awesome visualizations.

Dataquest Project sharer:

The project of @abomayesan on Predicting car prices using k nearest neighbors stands out for its clearly stated goal, efficient code commenting and function documentation, laconic but informative storytelling, insightful plots, and a straightforward exposure of the final results and lessons learned in the conclusion.

Project reviewers:

@vishallbabu5, @kevindarley2024, @israelogunmola, @OlutokiJohn, and @Ezemonye_Omereji, together with our Community Moderator @artur.sannikov96, reviewed their peers’ projects and provided them with helpful feedback and the words of encouragement.

Useful resource sharer:

@vikram.prabhu shared a useful resource on free migration to Azure.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova

2 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova . It feels refreshing to be back and active in the community :partying_face: . Congratulations to all the community champions.

2 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova
Congratulations to others too :smiley: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations Champions, you make this Community better :slight_smile:

Happy coding and keep on your great work!

3 Likes

Congratulations to the other Community Champtions!

Thank you Elena, I greatly appreciate this.

I’ll continue to share my own portfolio projects to the community whilst I build it up. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova , to state the obvious; no one should ever underestimate the power of their career community. Thank you for all you do.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @Elena_Kosourova as always it’s so cool to be here

2 Likes

Individual Project sharer:

@israelogunmola shared his great personal project on Prosper Loan Data where he tried to identify the key factors of why people take loans on Prosper Marketplace. The work stands out for its high attention to detail, amazing plots, a lot of interesting insights, honest consideration of the project’s limitations, and future recommendations on how to improve and expand the analysis.

Dataquest Project sharer:

Project reviewers:

A huge thank you goes to @casandra.data.analys, @vishallbabu5, @OlutokiJohn, and @Ezemonye_Omereji, who, together with our Community Moderators, read through other students’ projects and gave them precious suggestions and encouragement on their hard work.

Curious Python code sharer:

@mr.sha3ban shared another cool piece of Python code that shows how the remove() list method works in combination with iteration.

Alternative solution sharer:

@rmorenobello came up with an interesting solution for the practice problem on laptop purchases.

7 Likes

Thank you! @Elena_Kosourova. I’m happy to be back on the platform. Thank you for the encouragement and support. Congratulations to the other Community Champions as well! You guys rock! :100: :muscle:

3 Likes

Thank you, Elena. And congratulations to others too. :tada:

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova , this community has proven to be very active and filled with dynamic content. Thank you.

1 Like

Individual Project sharers:

• @jesmaxavier shared his amazing personal project on E-mail Spam Detection that stands out for its creative title and subheadings, cool additional libraries, easy-to-navigate structure, informative explanations, curious insights, super-helpful function documentation, and numerous references to useful resources.

• @oniabdulazeez00 was inspired by his previous guided project on visualizing data in Power BI and built his personal project on Visualization of Life Expectancy and GDP Variation Over Time in Africa, dedicated to The Year of Africa. He demonstrated his genuine curiosity about the argument by creating awesome visualizations of various types that clearly tell a meaningful, number-focused story about Africa by year and region. Also, great choice of a color palette! :rainbow:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• In his project on Predicting Housing Prices, @erzinrost dug deep into the data, applied plenty of machine learning models and approaches, made insightful plots, provided very detailed storytelling and informative conclusions, summarized the main points in the abstract, and created perfectly documented functions.

• @casandra.data.analys shared two excellent projects: Exploring Hacker News and Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets. Despite being her first data science works, they are already a great read for their detailed and well-structured data analysis workflow, concisely stated project goal reflected in the conclusion, efficiently outlined project steps, well-commented code, valid recommendations, and providing room for improvement and potential next steps.

Project reviewers:

@casandra.data.analys, @israelogunmola, and @vishallbabu5 did a great job this week in the Community giving helpful feedback to their peers on the projects they shared.

Curious Python code sharer:

Prove yourself at another cool Python challenge from @mr.sha3ban. What do you think this piece of code will output and why? :nerd_face:

Useful resource sharers:

@vishallbabu5, @charles1283, and @vikram.prabhu shared some cool free resources this week. Check them all here: [1], [2], and [3]. By the way, @vishallbabu5, you’re definitely becoming an incredibly valuable member of our Community! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you for the mention, @Elena_Kosourova. :heart_eyes:Happy to help fellow learners of this beautiful community. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, @Elena_Kosourova . This community has been so helpful to my personal development.
I’m glad you liked my choice of color. :+1:t5:

1 Like