Meet our Community Champions for this week!

@Elena_Kosourova appreciate the mention. Thank you! :grinning:

Congrats :handshake: to all the other winners!!

2 Likes

This great @Elena_Kosourova and am happy to see this back, community champion has been source of motivation to many student in this community. I apologise :slightly_smiling_face: for not been active in the past few months… but with everything now in place, am ready to remain active and positively engage with students and to help in building Dataquest Community all the time.

1 Like

Hi Brayan, welcome back! :star_struck: I’ll be happy to see you active and engaged in the Community again and looking forward to announcing you as a Community Champion too! :trophy: By the way, there are currently a lot of new cool initiatives in our Community. They are all announced in the Superlearners Lounge category, so let me know if you are interested in some of them :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thanks Elena, and have responded to most of the initiatives displayed in the Superlearners Lounge category and shown interest to all of them , please update me on the same and let me know if there is any initiative, am fully back :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova. This is a really motivating. I also appreciate the detailed feedback you shared on the project. DataQuest is really a place to be🤩

1 Like

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Writer:

In his article on Tabibitosan for Consecutive SQL problems, @hanqi discusses two use cases to illustrate the application and advantages of a rarely used tabibitosan technique for resolving consecutive SQL problems. The article of Han closes the December-January iteration of the Writers Contest.

Guided Project sharers:

• @analuizallmp shared her first but already amazing project on Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates. Ana Luiza selected a cool topic on the behavior of strong currencies during the pandemic, gave the background information providing additional resources, created a great final visualization, and made interesting conclusion and observations.

• @israelogunmola shared a well-structured, well-documented, and super-informative project on Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets where he again demonstrated a great curiosity to the data and solid approach to data analysis, created eye-catching and insightful plots, and came to a very curious conclusion.

• The project of @aarong98104 on eBay Car Sales stands out for its clear and meaningful title, using a cool cover picture, digging deep into the data, easy-to-follow storytelling, providing side links, efficient dealing with the outliers, and a laconic but very informative conclusion.

Guided Project reviewers:

@brayanopiyo18, @jithins123 you guys are doing a fantastic job reviewing other learners’ projects and giving them useful suggestions.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
3 Likes

Thank You! I’m happy to begin my journey in this community. It brings a lot of motivation! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks Elena for this special recognition, to the rest of the champions , congratulations :clap: , let’s continue building DataQuest community.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you @Elena_Kosourova congrats to the other community champions as well as the rest of the DQ community who’ve been helpful and supportive. I hope to offer the same to all of you along the way as well. This made my day and is inspiring me to keep pushing through this process. I look forward to working with as many of you as possible. Have a great week out there!

4 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for this good news. Congratulations to other community champions as well.

2 Likes

I am happy to be a part of this great community!! Learning and improving all the way. Thanks guys🚀

2 Likes

Individual Project sharer:

@jacqisbackyessheis was inspired by the dataset in the Working with Dates and Times in Python course and conducted an individual project on Exploring 2021 White House Visitor Logs based on this dataset and the fresher data she gathered. The project demonstrates a keen interest in the data, profound data analysis, and very curious findings. Great job, Jacqueline!

Guided Project sharers:

• @shubhkirti.prasad shared a perfectly-structured and styled project on Investigating Fandango Movie Ratings with easy-to-read well-commented code, an elegant way to introduce the goal and adjust it later, digging deeper into the data after a critical look at the intermediate results, and interesting observations and the final conclusion.

• @jesmaxavier shared another amazing work, this time on Analysing Traffic Indicators on the I-94, which stands out for its eye-catching title and subheadings, perfect structure and navigation scheme, clear and well-commented code, insightful visualizations, efficient emphasis of the most important points, meaningful output of the code cells, and doing much more than recommended in the instructions.

• Another fantastic project from @israelogunmola, on Exploring Hacker News Posts, demonstrates an excellent structure, informative storytelling, amazing plots, efficient emphasis throughout the project, exploring the data much further including whether or not comments and points correlate, giving recommendations for posting strategy and an interesting suggestion for the way forward.

@brayanopiyo18, @jesmaxavier, and @jithins123 were super-helpful to the Community giving constructive feedback and encouragement to other students on their guided projects.

Useful resource sharer:

@jesmaxavier published a post where he shared a detailed and comprehensive SQL style guide illustrating good and bad practices when writing an SQL code.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova , congratulations to all the champions.

1 Like

Thank you, Elena! And happy Galentine’s Day

1 Like

Thank you Elena for this good news. Congratulations to all other champions.

1 Like

Thanks Elena for this amazing news! Its so good to be back!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Elena. It is indeed amazing to be here🙌

1 Like

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova! The acknowledgement is sincerely appreciated.

Congrats to all the other winners!! You guys are doing a great job!

1 Like

Individual Project sharer:

@jacqisbackyessheis made another cool individual project on Educational Apps on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store where she analyzed the available data in-depth and from all angles, created many amazing and insightful visualizations of various types, and came up with a very curious conclusion and recommendations.

Guided Project sharers:

• @noah.gampe shared an awesome project on Building a Handwritten Digits Classifier that stands out for its easy-to-follow storytelling, exploring various machine learning algorithms, discussing pros and cons of each method, final visual comparison of the accuracy of all the approaches, digging deeper into multi-layer perceptron weights, and suggesting further steps.

• @jesmaxavier reworked his project on Analyzing used car sales on E-bay Germany where he demonstrated once again his genuine curiosity and dug deeper into the data, added an eye-catching project title and subheadings, efficient navigation scheme, super-informative function documentation, created helpful plots, and made interesting observations and conclusion.

• @analuizallmp posted her project on Clean and Analyze Employee Exit Survey where she explored the data by many categories and their combinations and visualized the results, gave a link on interesting research on the effects of low job satisfaction, and provided useful function documentation.

• @alex.mazza.daily shared his first but already great project on Exploring eBay Car Sales where he conducted a very profound data cleaning and analysis, created plenty of helpful and insightful visualizations, and outlined the way forward.

@artur.sannikov96, @jesmaxavier, @jithins123, and @brayanopiyo18 were extremely helpful to the Community reviewing their peers’ projects and giving them valuable feedback.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared with the Community a useful resume builder.

7 Likes

Thanks for the recognitions @Elena_Kosourova!

And congratulations all champions:) You are making this Community better!

Happy coding :smile:

4 Likes