Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharer:

In his individual project on Data Analysis for petrol prices from the Shell Garage, @Frankie build on the skills he has learned doing a guided project and investigated current petrol prices in the UK. The work of Frank is
concise but insightful and, as one of the interesting conclusions, demonstrates the way of how a UK driver can save up to £408 just by avoiding the most expensive petrol stations.

Dataquest Project sharer:

@abomayesan shared another excellent R project on Investigating SAT bias Using NYC Schools in which he analyzed factors that impact the SAT scores in NYC schools. In this perfectly organized and easy-to-follow project, Abomaye showcased his excellent data visualization skills and provided informative and well-presented explanations of the findings.

Project reviewers:

@Casandra_Hayward, @Ezemonye_Omereji, and our always-helpful Community Moderators reviewed their peers’ guided and personal projects and gave them great ideas on how to further improve their work.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared interesting information about upcoming data science conferences here and here and, for those who are learning Power BI, some helpful forums.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7-day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
3 Likes

Thank you Dataquest community, and thank you @Elena_Kosourova. Your appreciation means a lot to me.

1 Like

@Elena_Kosourova

Thank you for this…it was lovely feedback and encouraging!

1 Like

Well done buddy , keep up the good work :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks you and you too.

1 Like

Dataquest Project sharer:

@Philip shared a well-structured project on Building a QueryHandler for an Online Laptops Store using excellent coding skills which allowed him to focus on algorithm optimization and show off his solid knowledge of object-orientate programming.

Project reviewers:

@OlutokiJohn and @Ezemonye_Omereji, together with our amazing Community Moderators, gave valuable feedback on the guided projects shared by other students.

Useful resource sharers:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova

Congratulations to everyone, the links are super interesting. :slightly_smiling_face:

A&E

3 Likes

Thank you so so much @Elena_Kosourova I’ll continue to improve in effort to better the community.

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
Thank you for the rewards. Super motivating.

1 Like

Thank you! I wasn’t expecting it.
:smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova for your appreciation :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much :smile:

2 Likes

congratulations to everyone

3 Likes

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @shaun.oilund shared an amazing professionally-looking Analysis of ebay Car Sales in Germany in which they stepped outside the box and used hypothesis tests and advanced charts to check if the mean price of a used car changed from 2016 to 2022. This project is an outstanding example of independent thinking, problem statement, and problem-solving.

• Another great project from @abomayesan, on Chinook Database Analysis, demonstrates the power of using R and SQL together and stands out for its perfect structure, clearly stated project goals, clean and insightful visualizations, elegant and easy-to-read code, and well-presented explanations of project findings.

Project reviewers:

@Ezemonye_Omereji, @OlutokiJohn, and our Community Moderators were very helpful to our forum reviewing other learners’ projects and giving them encouragement and actionable feedback on what can be further improved in their work.

Useful resource sharer:

@nrwprad shared with us three cool free resources: a book on Python ML projects and two Python scripts (for fast file sharing and creating GIFs from a collection of images).

7 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova I’m truly grateful for the recognition from the community.

3 Likes

Well done, Champions! You are making this Community better :smile:

4 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
The recognition is appreciated and super motivating. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova for your appreciation :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for sharing your awesome remarks! I find it is very encouraging and gives motivation to move on to the next lesson, especially after finishing a project!

1 Like

Thank you very much for the recognition @Elena_Kosourova, it’s so great to see one get rewarded for working hard

1 Like