Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Thanks, @Elena_Kosourova. Great work project presenters and moderators! :rocket:

4 Likes

Thanks Elena for the recognition and congratulations to all the champions.

4 Likes

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova! Well done, all champions, you are making this Community better:)

Happy coding :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you for the work and time you have dedicated to others. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova , this community is definitely a great place to be. I have learned a lot all through my time here, and I look forward to learning and contributing more.
Congrats to all the other Champions too :rocket:

3 Likes

This week, we have a real boom of champion projects: 6 guided and 2 independent ones!!! :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :muscle: I think this is the record of our Community Champion program so far, but I can’t help it, they are all super-cool! :tada::trophy: You can see it for yourself:

Individual Project sharers:

• @lewismurimi195 made his first but already great independent project on Exploration of World Population Data with the perfect project structure, informative explanations and conclusion, helpful recommendations, cool visualizations, and analyzing additional resources.

• @nellykamau76 demonstrated her curiosity about the data and continued independently the project on Exploring Hacker News Site after the end of free lessons exploring the data on points and comments on the posts from many various angles.

Guided Project sharers:

• The project of @israelogunmola on Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94 is a must-read because of its perfect structure, very profound data analysis, curious findings (the situation in July, nighttime traffic, Friday nights, etc.), highly-optimized code, excellent function documentation and naming, clear and insightful plots, pretty-printed outputs, recommendations to avoid traffic, and suggestions for further analysis.

• The project of @jesmaxavier on Vehicle Model Analysis in SQL stands out for its eye-catching title and subheadings, helpful navigation scheme, great project structure, smooth and informative storytelling, SQL formatting following best practices, amazing visualizations, and detailed recommendations.

• @brucemcminn shared his project on 20+ Years of the Euro on FOREX where he explored the question very in-depth and from many sides, provided all the necessary background information and reasoning, created amazing visualizations (the animated map at the end is my favorite! :world_map:), suggested cool ideas for further research, and gave a list of references.

• The project of @sv.dolgushina on Correlations and Dependencies of I-94 Traffic demonstrates a great approach to data validation before data analysis, excellent visualizations, meaningful output format, clear explanations, and exploring the data much beyond the given instructions.

• In her project on Euro Exchange Rate, @Bhagyashree explored euro rates for 3 different currencies (in addition to developing the idea suggested in the instructions), made insightful well-annotated visualizations, and provided informative conclusions.

• The project of @shas on I-94 Heavy Traffic Volume Indicators stands out for its laconic but informative storytelling, interesting observations, insightful plots, good graphical capture and reasoning about the drop in July, efficient output format, emphasis on the most important points, and a straightforward conclusion.

Guided Project reviewers:

@israelogunmola and @evelin.kanda, together with our Community Moderators, were of great help to the Community reviewing other people’s projects and giving them actionable feedback.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared a library for GPU accelerated performance.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
7 Likes

Elena, this is so exciting, thanks for the kind words. Thanks to all community members for recognizing my work.
Congratulations to all the other champions, we are cool :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Another Monday, another pleasant surprise :sparkler: .

it is a very good excuse to know the jobs of people who are happy to encode.

Elena thank_you.max()

A&E.

5 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova thanks for the recognition and kudos to all the other champions. You guys are doing an amazing job!!

Special kudos to you Elena for going through all this work!! You are on fire :woman_superhero:

To all the ladies out there, kudos on Woman’s Day! :bouquet: :woman_feeding_baby: :woman_health_worker: :woman_firefighter: :woman_artist: :woman_astronaut: :woman_climbing: :woman_cook:

4 Likes

Well done, Champions! Congratulations for this record:)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, Max! :heart_eyes::herb::sunny:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Elena_Kosourova for considering my project and recognizing it.
To all the project reviewers,you are a doing a great job and helpful feedback on where to improve.Keep up the good work.I’m looking forward to more learning.Congratulations to all Community Champions too.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Elena!

2 Likes

Thanks alot @Elena_Kosourova. It is always exciting :nerd_face: to learn and contribute to the community. Congrats to the other community champions :raised_hands: The only way is up. Lets keep learning :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova - Thanks, for the recognition.

It was a pleasant surprise, and a great motivation for my learning journey.

1 Like

You are very welcome, @shas! :star_struck:

Could you please give me your email address? I mean the one to which you receive messages and communications from Dataquest. I would like to give you a 7-day extension for becoming a Community Champion, but for some reason, the email mentioned in your profile here is not visible in our system :nerd_face: You can send it to me in a personal message, if you want. Thanks!

Another week full of admirable Community Champions, both sharers and reviewers! :partying_face: :heart: :trophy: I’m really fascinated by your activity, guys! :heart_eyes_cat: :dizzy: :medal_sports:

Individual Project sharers:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• Another cool project from our light-speed learner @israelogunmola, on Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates, demonstrates incredibly looking plots that tell the story even without words, digging deep into the data, a capturing storytelling, and suggesting ideas for future exploration.

• The project of @tosingeorge01 on Prison Helicopter Breaks stands out for its very clear structure, using additional libraries (especially plotly! :heart_eyes:), applying an advanced function crosstab, adding informative conclusion, and suggesting the way forward.

• The project of @fab.pellegr on Handwritten digits classifier demonstrates fantastic code documentation, insightful visualizations, in-depth explanations, thorough and precise conclusion, and meaningful ideas for the next steps.

• @martinnyaga96 shared his first but already amazing project on Analysing world data where he provided a lot of helpful background information, conducted very profound data analysis, and created clear and insightful visualizations.

• The project of @sahiba.kaur.stats on Hacker News Posts stands out for using pandas (instead of pure Python suggested in the instructions), neat storytelling, great explanations of all the steps, and meaningful plots that support the conclusions.

Project reviewers:

@davidrccranston, @kashishrastogi2000, @jesmaxavier, @giovanni.srg, and @noel.steere.linkedin did an amazing job reviewing their peers’ projects and giving them meaningful suggestions.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared a high-performance open source JIT compiler for a code with a lot of math.

Starting from this week, @artur.sannikov96 will help me with selecting the best guided projects of the week! :star_struck: :muscle: Well, this is actually not a big surprise since he was incredibly helpful also before, both with reviewing other learners’ projects and suggesting ideal candidates for our Community Champion program :trophy: Special thanks to you, Artur, for your outstanding contribution!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :heart:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
3 Likes

This seems unbelievable! This was my second week learning on Dataquest. As a person who has been trying to shift her career’s direction for some time, this gives a boost of motivation like nothing else!
Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for this mention.
A special thanks to @Rucha and @jesmaxavier for providing me invaluable feedback on my projects.

5 Likes

This means that you are definitely on the right way, Sahiba, great start!! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Keep up this high level, looking forward to seeing more projects from you soon! :star2: :mortar_board:

4 Likes

Thank you, Elena! The recognition means a lot, I’ve enjoyed contributing to the community so far!

3 Likes