Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Thank you so much @Elena_Kosourova for considering my project and recognizing it.
To all the project reviewers,you are a doing a great job and helpful feedback on where to improve.Keep up the good work.I’m looking forward to more learning.Congratulations to all Community Champions too.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Elena!

2 Likes

Thanks alot @Elena_Kosourova. It is always exciting :nerd_face: to learn and contribute to the community. Congrats to the other community champions :raised_hands: The only way is up. Lets keep learning :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova - Thanks, for the recognition.

It was a pleasant surprise, and a great motivation for my learning journey.

1 Like

You are very welcome, @shas! :star_struck:

Could you please give me your email address? I mean the one to which you receive messages and communications from Dataquest. I would like to give you a 7-day extension for becoming a Community Champion, but for some reason, the email mentioned in your profile here is not visible in our system :nerd_face: You can send it to me in a personal message, if you want. Thanks!

Another week full of admirable Community Champions, both sharers and reviewers! :partying_face: :heart: :trophy: I’m really fascinated by your activity, guys! :heart_eyes_cat: :dizzy: :medal_sports:

Individual Project sharers:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• Another cool project from our light-speed learner @israelogunmola, on Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates, demonstrates incredibly looking plots that tell the story even without words, digging deep into the data, a capturing storytelling, and suggesting ideas for future exploration.

• The project of @tosingeorge01 on Prison Helicopter Breaks stands out for its very clear structure, using additional libraries (especially plotly! :heart_eyes:), applying an advanced function crosstab, adding informative conclusion, and suggesting the way forward.

• The project of @fab.pellegr on Handwritten digits classifier demonstrates fantastic code documentation, insightful visualizations, in-depth explanations, thorough and precise conclusion, and meaningful ideas for the next steps.

• @martinnyaga96 shared his first but already amazing project on Analysing world data where he provided a lot of helpful background information, conducted very profound data analysis, and created clear and insightful visualizations.

• The project of @sahiba.kaur.stats on Hacker News Posts stands out for using pandas (instead of pure Python suggested in the instructions), neat storytelling, great explanations of all the steps, and meaningful plots that support the conclusions.

Project reviewers:

@davidrccranston, @kashishrastogi2000, @jesmaxavier, @giovanni.srg, and @noel.steere.linkedin did an amazing job reviewing their peers’ projects and giving them meaningful suggestions.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared a high-performance open source JIT compiler for a code with a lot of math.

Starting from this week, @artur.sannikov96 will help me with selecting the best guided projects of the week! :star_struck: :muscle: Well, this is actually not a big surprise since he was incredibly helpful also before, both with reviewing other learners’ projects and suggesting ideal candidates for our Community Champion program :trophy: Special thanks to you, Artur, for your outstanding contribution!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :heart:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
3 Likes

This seems unbelievable! This was my second week learning on Dataquest. As a person who has been trying to shift her career’s direction for some time, this gives a boost of motivation like nothing else!
Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for this mention.
A special thanks to @Rucha and @jesmaxavier for providing me invaluable feedback on my projects.

5 Likes

This means that you are definitely on the right way, Sahiba, great start!! :heavy_heart_exclamation: Keep up this high level, looking forward to seeing more projects from you soon! :star2: :mortar_board:

4 Likes

Thank you, Elena! The recognition means a lot, I’ve enjoyed contributing to the community so far!

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova .thanks(loop = True)

4 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for the kind recognition. It has been truly exciting learning on Dataquest. I’m beyond motivated to keep contributing and doing great projects.

Many thanks to @artur.sannikov96 for the recommendation. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova, I’m very happy to have done a relatively good project :).
And congrats on the job you’re doing for the DQ community.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

2 Likes

Thanks again @Elena_Kosourova. I am happy to be active here and contributing in some way. Congrats everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova Thank you for the mention!

2 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @aarong98104 created a well-structured and easy-to-read project on I-94 Looking at Rain and Repeats For Answers to Traffic Volume where he dug deeper in the data and created insightful charts (especially those ones to illustrate the impact of duplicate entries on the observations).

• @jesmaxavier shared his project on Analysis of EUR-USD exchange rates before and during Covid-19 where he investigated the impact of the Covid pandemic on the USD-EUR exchanging rates. The project has capturing storytelling, eye-catching plots supporting the conclusions, and a helpful learning section.

• @sv.dolgushina shared her project on Ups and Downs of Euro where she investigated the trends of different world currencies in the last 20 years. Her project is a great example of thorough background research, including exploring an up-to-date dataset with the most recent trends, that resulted in informative storytelling supported by outstanding plots.

• @sahiba.kaur.stats shared a well-structured and easy-to-follow project on ebay Car Sales using Pandas and Matplotlib where she did much more than was asked in the instructions (including creating meaningful plots), explored plenty of interesting extra questions from various sides, and obtained curious insights.

Project reviewers:

@israelogunmola and @sahiba.kaur.stats, as well as our Community Moderators, were super-helpful to the Community reviewing other people’s projects and giving them valuable suggestions and encouragement.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
6 Likes

Thanks a lot for this recognition @Elena_Kosourova ! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am glad for all of you:

@aarong98104, @jesmaxavier , @sv.dolgushina , @sahiba.kaur.stats , @israelogunmola and… @Elena_Kosourova

As soon as I can, I will see them.

Thank you very much to everyone especially to our dear Elena.

A&E Happy Coding.

6 Likes

Thank you, dear Elena!
So inspiring)

3 Likes

Thanks, @Elena_Kosourova for the consideration! Congrats to all the other winners! :rocket: :trophy:

You guys are doing a great job!

3 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova and the rest of the community. I’m really happy being able to explore new skills and data while gaining insight, pointers and positive feedback from so many of you. What a cool experience. I can only hope to be able to give back as much as I’ve received. Have a great week everybody!

1 Like