Meet our Community Champions for this week!

@Elena_Kosourova .thanks(loop = True)

4 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for the kind recognition. It has been truly exciting learning on Dataquest. I’m beyond motivated to keep contributing and doing great projects.

Many thanks to @artur.sannikov96 for the recommendation. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova, I’m very happy to have done a relatively good project :).
And congrats on the job you’re doing for the DQ community.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

2 Likes

Thanks again @Elena_Kosourova. I am happy to be active here and contributing in some way. Congrats everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova Thank you for the mention!

2 Likes

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @aarong98104 created a well-structured and easy-to-read project on I-94 Looking at Rain and Repeats For Answers to Traffic Volume where he dug deeper in the data and created insightful charts (especially those ones to illustrate the impact of duplicate entries on the observations).

• @jesmaxavier shared his project on Analysis of EUR-USD exchange rates before and during Covid-19 where he investigated the impact of the Covid pandemic on the USD-EUR exchanging rates. The project has capturing storytelling, eye-catching plots supporting the conclusions, and a helpful learning section.

• @sv.dolgushina shared her project on Ups and Downs of Euro where she investigated the trends of different world currencies in the last 20 years. Her project is a great example of thorough background research, including exploring an up-to-date dataset with the most recent trends, that resulted in informative storytelling supported by outstanding plots.

• @sahiba.kaur.stats shared a well-structured and easy-to-follow project on ebay Car Sales using Pandas and Matplotlib where she did much more than was asked in the instructions (including creating meaningful plots), explored plenty of interesting extra questions from various sides, and obtained curious insights.

Project reviewers:

@israelogunmola and @sahiba.kaur.stats, as well as our Community Moderators, were super-helpful to the Community reviewing other people’s projects and giving them valuable suggestions and encouragement.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
6 Likes

Thanks a lot for this recognition @Elena_Kosourova ! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am glad for all of you:

@aarong98104, @jesmaxavier , @sv.dolgushina , @sahiba.kaur.stats , @israelogunmola and… @Elena_Kosourova

As soon as I can, I will see them.

Thank you very much to everyone especially to our dear Elena.

A&E Happy Coding.

6 Likes

Thank you, dear Elena!
So inspiring)

3 Likes

Thanks, @Elena_Kosourova for the consideration! Congrats to all the other winners! :rocket: :trophy:

You guys are doing a great job!

3 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova and the rest of the community. I’m really happy being able to explore new skills and data while gaining insight, pointers and positive feedback from so many of you. What a cool experience. I can only hope to be able to give back as much as I’ve received. Have a great week everybody!

1 Like

Individual Project sharer:

@Johnsonk51502 shared his personal project on Pitchfork Over the Years where he dug deep into the data on the trends of reviews of the music website Pitchfork over time. The project has informative and easy-to-follow storytelling supported by gorgeous eye-catching charts, and a curious conclusion.

• In her project on Building a Spam filter with Naive Bayes, @analuizallmp demonstrated her curiosity about the data using not only naive Bayes as per instructions but also the scikit-learn library. What’s more, Ana explored the cause of false positives and discussed the advantages and disadvantages of the Naive Bayes algorithm.

• @sahiba.kaur.stats shared a project on I-94 Traffic Indicators that stands out for its perfect structure, thorough data analysis (especially traffic exploration based on the temperature and holidays), plenty of insightful plots, and efficient emphasis on the most important points.

• @vishallbabu5 shared a well-structured project on Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets that demonstrates a detailed description of each step of work, smooth storytelling supported by clean and easy-to-read code, and an interesting conclusion.

Project reviewers:

@Jesmaxavier and @Johnsonk51502, together with our Community Moderators, did an awesome job reviewing other learners’ projects and giving them helpful suggestions.

Useful resource sharers:

@vishallbabu5 shared an elegant alternative to the str.format method and @Edelberth shared even 3 useful resources: Flatpak vs Snap, API input parameters, and Free APIs (Cat Facts are really cool! :heart_eyes_cat:)

Great question asker:

@mr.sha3ban asked a very curious and tricky question. Check it here, together with the answer from @Bruno!

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Congrats to all

:wink:

A&E.

6 Likes

Oh my god! Wasn’t expecting this at all. Made my day. Thank you, @Elena_Kosourova

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, @Elena_Kosourova . This motivates me to work harder.
Thanks too @jesmaxavier for reviewing my project in detail. I have not come across such an involved online community before.

3 Likes

Congrats, good people!

2 Likes

Individual Project sharers:

• @gbpignatti5 shared a project on Comparing NBA and Euroleague Basketball, where he collected basketball data from two websites, cleaned, and analyzed it. The project is perfectly structured and demonstrates very profound data analysis, cool storytelling, elegant code, excellent documentation, and outstanding plots.

• @jacqisbackyessheis shared a project on KNN to Predict Age of Abalone where she explored a very curious and original idea, gave the necessary background information about abalone marine snails, and analyzed various combinations of features before selecting the best one.

• @ale-kor02 shared his advanced project on Optimum Transformers that you can install, import, and use for accelerated NLP pipelines with Infinity speed on CPU and GPU. The module is based on Transformers, Optimum, and ONNX runtime, the detailed project description and all the necessary files and links are here.

• @jasperquak shared a project on Analyzing CIA Factbook Data Using SQL where he briefly but comprehensively illustrated curious statistics about countries using clean code, clear and informative explanations, and compelling storytelling.

• @vishallbabu5 shared a project on Exploring Hacker News Posts that shows a great example of code documentation, a comprehensive conclusion, and a convenient description of dataset columns in tabular form.

• The project of @alvaro.viudez on Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators stands out thanks to its straight-to-the-point storytelling, helpful plots that support the conclusions, and interesting analysis of some weather factors such as rain and snow.

Project reviewers:

@nathalia.pignaton and @Johnsonk51502, together with our amazing Community Moderators, were of great help to the Community by looking through other learners’ projects and providing them valuable feedback.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared an interesting article on Data Science On The Linux Command Line and a useful resource on how to write formulas in Markdown.

Great question asker:

@mr.sha3ban offered to our Community two more cool and tricky Python challenges to think over. Check them both here and here.

11 Likes

Thank you and congratulations to others, too. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a nice surprise! :smiley: Thank you, and congratulations to others as well!

1 Like

Congratulations to all! :heart:

1 Like