Meet our Community Champions for this week!

@Elena_Kosourova thanks for considering my project. It is a great motivator.

Congrats to the Guided Project reviewers and Cool idea sharer.
Lets keep this :boom:energy going!!

2 Likes

Hi @Elena_Kosourova , glad to see you taking on the Community Manager role, your sustained passion is inspiring.
I would like to check what’s the status of Dataquest Direct?
When I tried to submit on 31 Dec, I realized the “New Topic” button was greyed out and thus can’t be clicked.
Then I saw a post mentioning that Dataquest Direct has a new home on Medium, I wrote an article on medium and submitted a form to dataquest so it will appear in the dropdown when i try to “Add to Publication”, but there was no reply.
Now I see that “New Topic” can be clicked again.
Can I conclude that the medium idea is scrapped and we should be writing back here using “New Topic” for Dataquest Direct?

2 Likes

Hi @hanqi, thank you! :star_struck:

About Dataquest Direct, indeed, I was going to make an announcement today that there was a technical bug with the “New Topic” button, but now it has been resolved. So go ahead and submit your article. As for relocating to Medium, for now, it has been postponed, so the only way to submit an article to Dataquest Direct is through the “New Topic” button.

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Guided Project sharers:

• The project of @jesmaxavier on De-addiction app for the 649 Lottery stands out for its great suggestions for an app design, super-appealing title and subheadings, efficient navigation system, excellent function documentation, providing the probability of killing factors, and cool function text outputs.

• @davidrodriguessp shared a well-structured project on Predicting Survival on the Titanic with an informative title, clear explanations, excellent function documentation, efficient emphasis of the most important points, all the necessary links, and digging deep into the data.

• @simon_says001 shared his first but already very cool project on Free App Profitability that stands out for its eye-catching title, smooth storytelling, easy-to-follow reasoning, and interesting final recommendation on the new app category.

Individual Project sharer:

@kashishrastogi2000 created a beautiful and insightful Tableau dashboard for Friends TV Series as a part of a data challenge competition.

Guided Project reviewer:

@jesmaxavier, together with sharing amazing projects, continues being of great help for other learners of our Community reviewing their projects and providing informative and well-structured feedback.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
4 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for your kind words and congrats to all the other champions, you guys make the difference :dizzy: in DQ!

2 Likes

Woah! I did not expect my first project to get that kind of attention. Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for the wonderful feedback! I did not think I was going to be the kind of user that actually submitted projects to the community. But now I’m really glad I did! Keep up the great work, everybody!

1 Like

Cool News sharer:

@eugeniosp3 shared with the Community a great and encouraging news that he was employed as a Principal Data Scientist.

Guided Project sharers:

• The project of @annscottage on Predicting US Car Import Car Prices is perfectly structured, presents detailed and exhaustive explanations, all the necessary background and side information, well-commented code, a solid approach to feature selection, helpful visualizations, and obtaining a low error.

• @jesmaxavier reworked his initial project on Analysing Posts on Hacker News using pandas and plotting libraries. The project has a perfect navigation scheme, clean and insightful graphs, efficient function documentation and code commenting, and excellent story-telling with the emphasis of the most important points.

• @israelogunmola shared his first but already great project on Helicopter Escapes where he applied his curiosity to the data to dig deeper and explore the data beyond the given instructions. The project demonstrates perfect structure, clean and helpful plots, interesting conclusions, and suggestions for future exploration.

Guided Project reviewers:

@jesmaxavier, @Edelberth, and @jithins123 were extremely helpful to the Community reviewing their peers’ projects and giving them actionable feedback.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova

And I’m so glad to be here :selfie: .

Thanks for those seven days :person_cartwheeling: and for the detail of the badge :star_struck: .

A&E.

3 Likes

That is a great news. Good to be back here! Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for this good news. I will try to be as active as I can in the community. Congratulations to other Community Champions as well.

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova appreciate the mention. Thank you! :grinning:

Congrats :handshake: to all the other winners!!

2 Likes

This great @Elena_Kosourova and am happy to see this back, community champion has been source of motivation to many student in this community. I apologise :slightly_smiling_face: for not been active in the past few months… but with everything now in place, am ready to remain active and positively engage with students and to help in building Dataquest Community all the time.

1 Like

Hi Brayan, welcome back! :star_struck: I’ll be happy to see you active and engaged in the Community again and looking forward to announcing you as a Community Champion too! :trophy: By the way, there are currently a lot of new cool initiatives in our Community. They are all announced in the Superlearners Lounge category, so let me know if you are interested in some of them :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thanks Elena, and have responded to most of the initiatives displayed in the Superlearners Lounge category and shown interest to all of them , please update me on the same and let me know if there is any initiative, am fully back :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova. This is a really motivating. I also appreciate the detailed feedback you shared on the project. DataQuest is really a place to be🤩

1 Like

Writer:

In his article on Tabibitosan for Consecutive SQL problems, @hanqi discusses two use cases to illustrate the application and advantages of a rarely used tabibitosan technique for resolving consecutive SQL problems. The article of Han closes the December-January iteration of the Writers Contest.

Guided Project sharers:

• @analuizallmp shared her first but already amazing project on Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates. Ana Luiza selected a cool topic on the behavior of strong currencies during the pandemic, gave the background information providing additional resources, created a great final visualization, and made interesting conclusion and observations.

• @israelogunmola shared a well-structured, well-documented, and super-informative project on Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets where he again demonstrated a great curiosity to the data and solid approach to data analysis, created eye-catching and insightful plots, and came to a very curious conclusion.

• The project of @aarong98104 on eBay Car Sales stands out for its clear and meaningful title, using a cool cover picture, digging deep into the data, easy-to-follow storytelling, providing side links, efficient dealing with the outliers, and a laconic but very informative conclusion.

Guided Project reviewers:

@brayanopiyo18, @jithins123 you guys are doing a fantastic job reviewing other learners’ projects and giving them useful suggestions.

3 Likes

Thank You! I’m happy to begin my journey in this community. It brings a lot of motivation! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thanks Elena for this special recognition, to the rest of the champions , congratulations :clap: , let’s continue building DataQuest community.

2 Likes