Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Congratulations to all! :heart:

1 Like

I didn’t know about these recognitions!! That was a nice moral boost!! Thanks @Elena_Kosourova !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the recognition!
After a long time happily receiving great reviews to my projects, I’m starting this new learning assistant path :sparkles:
Now I’m feeling ready and motivated to give it back to the community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rocket:

3 Likes

Happy to see you again among us, Nathalia, welcome back! :heavy_heart_exclamation: :partying_face: I remember your cool guided projects, you were the Community Champion for them too! Looking forward to seeing you around in the Community, with further reviews, projects, and other productive engagement with other learners! :star_struck:

3 Likes

congratulations to all of them, one day I’d be one of the monthly winners ahah

1 Like

Here are the Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharer:

@sv.dolgushina shared her first independent project on Car Market in Russia, Dynamics and Current Situation where she explored an interesting and fresh topic, conducted very professional data analysis, developed smooth storytelling supported by informative and eye-catching plots.

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @radiofireworks shared an outstanding project on Popular data science questions that has a capturing title, perfect project structure, excellent storytelling supported by amazing charts, efficient emphasis on the most important points, and insightful conclusions.

• @jasperquak shared his project on Answering Business Questions Using SQL where he applied his persistence to obtain accurate results and make the code format consistent. What’s more, Jasper used the helpful suggestion from @jithins123 about the scrollable output and updated his notebook accordingly! :star_struck:

• @alvaro.viudez demonstrated light-speed and high-quality project making by sharing 2 projects this week: Storytelling Data Visualization on Exchange Rates and Clean and Analyze Employee Exit Surveys. The first one stands out for its step-by-step data exploration and clean and meaningful final graph, the second one – for its laconic but informative explanations and easy-to-read code.

• @sahiba.kaur.stats, another light-speed learner of our Community, shared her project on Employee Exit Survey where she conducted profound data analysis, created insightful plots (the exploration of resignation by various factors, employment status, and year of resignation is really cool! :dizzy:), gave detailed conclusions and recommendations for the institutes.

• @biengioichantroi shared their first data visualization project on Finding the indicators of heavy traffic in I-94 that stands out for its comprehensive description of the data along with interesting observations at each step of the project, and clear conclusions.

Project reviewers:

@WilfriedF and @madtitan, together with our amazing Community Moderators, were of great help to their peers by providing them productive interaction on their projects and giving constructive feedback.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
8 Likes

Thanks a lot for this @Elena_Kosourova !

2 Likes

That’s great! And congratulation to all others as well! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks @Elena_Kosourova

1 Like

That was sweet!! Thank you very much, @Elena_Kosourova !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dataquest Project sharer:

The project of @rawr7 on Looking at westbound traffic on Interstate 94 stands out for its perfect project structure, giving the necessary background information in the introduction, interesting and easy-to-follow storytelling, clean and insightful visualizations, and investigating separately night, day, and altogether traffic.

Project reviewer:

@vishallbabu5, together with our always super-helpful Community Moderators, reviewed the projects of other learners in our Community and gave them actionable feedback.

Curious Python code sharer:

@mr.sha3ban shared another curious, funny, and even romantic piece of Python code! :heart_eyes_cat::cupid:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

@Zaika_Bohdan shared his individual project on Building a car price prediction model for the CarDekho website that demonstrates his enthusiasm about the data which resulted in a highly-detailed project with plenty of helpful visualizations and even a web app open to everyone.

Project reviewers:

@s.lit.winkler and @WilfriedF, together with our Community Moderators, were our helpers this week providing to other learners great suggestions on what can be improved in their projects.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared with the Community a useful remote job search website.

6 Likes

• @Bhagyashree shared her well-structured and detailed project on NYC HighSchool Data Analysis that demonstrates her curiosity about the data and shows it off through informative and eye-catching plots.

• @kevindarley2024 shared his machine learning project on Predicting Stock Market Prices which is noticeable for its brief and easy-to-understand explanations, meaningful plots, and fair statements about the weaknesses of the approach.

• @PatrickSmith analyzed CIA World Factbook data, asked very clear questions right from the beginning, was critical about the methods he used, and demonstrated his great ability to find a smart solution.

Project reviewers:

A special thank you goes to our project reviewers of this week, @brucemcminn, @vishallbabu5, and @davidl, who, together with our always helpful Community Moderators, found time to review other learners’ projects and leave valuable comments or just encouraging words on them.

Useful resource sharers:

@octoparsejerry shared a cool video about data extraction and @Edelberth shared the information about a data-related conference PYCON US 2022.

7 Likes

Congratulations to all.
:smiley:
I hope to be able to collaborate at full power when I have taken the projects off my back, in the meantime this is my way of saying:

Hello, I am still here. 

A&E + HC :computer:

4 Likes

Thank you for the recognition! I’ll wear the new badge with pride :).

4 Likes

A belated “thank you” still! (I was unavailable for some time, couldn’t reply sooner). Really nice to receive the recognition and badge!

2 Likes

@vadim.maklakov shared his personal project on Tabular Playground Series - Feb 2022 - solve using classical MLP, in which he thoroughly analyzed different versions of machine learning models, created insightful plots, and made valuable conclusions.

• @israelogunmola showed off his project on Clean and Analyze Employee Exit Surveys that stands out for its eye-catching charts, top-class code comments, cool output format, smooth storytelling, and an honest demonstration of the project’s limitations.

• @brucemcminn shared his project on Kids in NYC Schools where he conducted a professional data analysis that resulted in insightful and engaging observations along with informative and useful code comments.

• Another highly-detailed and well-structured project on NYC School Data was shared by @biengioichantroi in which he demonstrated attention to the details and curiosity about the findings, and provided very interesting conclusions.

Project reviewers:

@israelogunmola and @austinep, together with our amazing Community Moderators, took time to review the projects of other learners and leave them valuable feedback and words of encouragement.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared 2 cool and helpful data-related resources: free Python books and synthetic data.

6 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova :star_struck:. I am glad to be back here and contributing. Congratulations to all the community champions :raised_hands:

2 Likes

@gbpignatti5 shared his personal project on Predicting Movie Revenues, where he used various machine learning approaches. This project highlights his curiosity about data, resulting in thorough data analysis supported by awesome charts and a systematic comparison of machine learning algorithms.

• @troodpa shared his project on Best markets for advertising e-learning, which is noticeable for its stunning and informative charts combined with a very in-depth and multifaceted data analysis and interesting narrative.

• @jesmaxavier shared his project on Analyzing the Star Wars Dataset that demonstrates his knowledge of the franchise thanks to funny puns he introduced. The work of Max is an excellent example of eye-catching and insightful charts, including the visualizations of missing data.

• The project of @biengioichantroi on Insight from StarWars survey is a must-read for its amazing plots, digging deep into the data, exploring various factors, and curious observations and conclusions. What’s more, Nguyen efficiently implemented the helpful suggestions from @info.victoromondi :star2:!

• @kevindarley2024 showed off his project on Finding an Edge to Win Jeopardy which stands out for its perfect project structure, smooth storytelling, very precise conclusions, and concise but meaningful explanations.

Project reviewer:

@israelogunmola, together with our Community Moderators, continues to be very helpful in the Community reviewing other learners’ projects and providing them thoughtful feedback and motivation.

Useful resource sharers:

@alcburns, @Edelberth and @octoparsejerry shared useful resources in the Community: on Correlated Dataset Generator (@alcburns created this macro-enabled Excel program themselves! :star_struck:), web scraping and Flaticon + Emojipedia.

7 Likes

Congratulations to everyone.

…how good it would be to be able to meet us and have a :beer: or :beer: :beer:.

A&E + :slightly_smiling_face: :computer:

3 Likes