Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Thank you for the award!

It’s nice to know that my reviews are helping people.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, words cannot describe how thankful I am for all the help and support this platform has given me over the past years.

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova

1 Like

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharer:

@Casandra_Hayward shared her personal Excel project on Quick Analysis of a Football Team’s Playoff Appearances where she pulled and explored the 20-year-long data of her favorite game from the team’s website, obtained interesting results, discovered further questions to investigate, and, at the same time, practiced what she learned with Dataquest.

Dataquest Project sharers:

Project reviewers:

@wanzulfikri, @Casandra_Hayward, @shanil199, @OlutokiJohn, and @Ezemonye_Omereji, together with our Community Moderator @artur.sannikov96, were extremely helpful to the Community this week giving actionable suggestions to their peers on the guided and personal projects they shared.

Useful resource sharers:

• @Casandra_Hayward shared an interesting article, as well as her personal thoughts and insights, on how charts help make any data analysis better.

• @Edelberth shared a web tool for creating box plots and IPython Cookbook for interactive numeric computing and visualization, with a lot of free materials available.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
6 Likes

@kelechikalu3 @wanzulfikri @shanil199 @OlutokiJohn @Ezemonye_Omereji @artur.sannikov96 @Casandra_Hayward

Appearing on the list that helps :rescue_worker_helmet: people is like being from the red cross in the trenches .

Thank you all. :helicopter:

A&E

6 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova.

It’s always a pleasure to contribute to the community.

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
This is from a thankful heart to you all.
I appreciate the rewards and always feel more motivated. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey Elena,
Thanks so much to you and team for voting me part of the community champion for the week!

Also, congrats to @Casandra_Hayward , @kelechikalu3 , @Edelberth , @wanzulfikri, @OlutokiJohn, @Ezemonye_Omereji, @artur.sannikov96 , @Edelberth ! :muscle:t5: :medal_sports:

:smile:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Elena_Kosourova

2 Likes

@wanzulfikri shared an outstanding interpretation of a Dataquest project on Prison Breaks implemented in a new programming language called Julia. His perfectly structured work encompasses the entire data science workflow from web scraping to creating beautiful plots, all complemented by excellent storytelling. Also, the project title is cool and intriguing, and the chapter Does love improve an attempt’s chances of success? is just amazing! :heart_eyes:

Dataquest Project sharer:

@alla.r14 shared her first but already great and professionally-looking project on Finding Heavy Traffic on I-94 where she dug deeper into the data beyond the provided instructions, made interesting observations at each step of the project, provided a concise narrative, and created insightful plots.

Project reviewers:

@wanzulfikri and @Casandra_Hayward, together with our Community Moderator @artur.sannikov96, did a great job this week reviewing other learners’ projects and providing them with valuable feedback.

Useful resource sharers:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

Thank you for the award @Elena_Kosourova!

I really appreciate the kind words about my project, especially the ones about the title and chapter on love (tbh, I chuckle every time I read that chapter).

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, @wanzulfikri! Well, it was definitely a very creative approach to consider the data from that angle :grinning::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

@abomayesan shared his excellent personal project on Analysis of freecodecamp 2021 survey data where he brilliantly answered the question about what tech people are most interested in learning (as well as many other questions!) by providing laconic but clear narrative and creating wonderful compelling figures.

Dataquest Project sharers:

• In his project on Creating ‘538-ish’ plots with matplotlib, @karl_karlsson applied an unconventional approach to the guided project on Storytelling Data Visualisation on Exchange rates. Karl attempted to replicate FiveThirtyEight plots which resulted in an excellent reference for anyone looking to improve their data visualization skills (just have a look at the last plot! :star_struck:)

• @shaun.oilund shared their second but already professionally-looking and well-structured project on Profitable App Profiles which stands out for its efficient project navigation system, amazing visualizations, stylish summary tables, and a capturing storytelling and conclusions.

• @cayodey shared his project on Finding Heavy Traffic Indicators on I-94 Interstate Highway which is noticeable for its straight-to-the-point narrative, informative plots, digging deep into the data, and curiosity about the reason behind his findings - a highly-valuable skill for a data scientist!

• @ajiboderafiat shared an insightful Power BI project on Visualization of Life Expectancy and GDP Variation Over Time with a well-organized layout and meaningful visualizations that tell a compelling story of Life Expectancy and GDP evolution worldwide and by the part of world.

Project reviewers:

@wanzulfikri, @Casandra_Hayward, and @OlutokiJohn, together with our Community Moderator @artur.sannikov96, are our super-heroes who reviewed numerous projects of their peers and provided them with thorough and actionable feedback and precious words of encouragement.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared interesting and helpful resources on Bike Share Data Systems and isnull() vs. isna().

8 Likes

Congratulations Champions :slight_smile: You are making this Community better!

3 Likes

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova.

And thank you project sharers for the many interesting projects this week. I, and I expect many others, have learned a lot from reading them.

2 Likes

Congrats everyone and thank you @Elena_Kosourova for the encouraging write-up! Thanks to @Casandra_Hayward and @wanzulfikri as well for taking the time to review my project and to give some valuable advice!

3 Likes

Thank you very much, i really appreciate the nice gesture

1 Like

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova for the recognition
It is amazing to be in this community.
@wanzulfikri @Casandra_Hayward, your reviews and feedbacks are highly appreciated.

3 Likes

Dataquest Project sharer:

@abomayesan shared his first but already great project in the R programming language on Covid-19 Analysis which stands out for its well-organized structure, brief but clear and exhaustive explanations of each step, insightful observations, easy-to-read code, and consistent code style.

Project reviewers:

@vishallbabu5 and our amazing Community Moderators @wanzulfikri and @artur.sannikov96 were of great help to our Community by reviewing other students’ projects and giving them valuable suggestions on what can be further improved in their works.

Useful resource sharer:

@Edelberth shared a list of numerous websites and blogs on data science topics.

6 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova. Thanks to the DQ community for their help in my learning progress.

4 Likes