Meet our Community Champions for this week!

how does one become a learning assistant by the way?

1 Like

@johnndammy,

You can find the criteria for becoming a Learning Assistant, as well as the rewards for each tier, here. Note that you can choose between answering questions of other students OR reviewing their projects for getting each tier. It’s actually possible to mix these 2 things. For example, to get the Tier-1, you can answer 3 questions and then, to get the Tier-2, review 7 projects.

Alright I’d get to work
Thank you

1 Like

Thanks so much Elena! Wow, this is so motivating! I definitely feel more traction with the award and I’m really grateful to all the insights everyone has provided to help me build this project up. DQ has really been an amazing platform. With gratitude. :pray:t3:

@kevindarley2024
@Elena_Kosourova
@Sahil
@Rucha

3 Likes

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharers:

• @sahiba.kaur.stats shared her personal project on Tableau Storytelling where she created insightful visualizations of how women are represented in newspaper and journal headlines. The project is extremely informative and lets you discover how the frequency of words associated with women changed over time in 4 different countries.

• @okanrnt1 shared his personal project on Correlations Between The Metrics of The Best Startups, in which he demonstrated his genuine curiosity about the data, analyzed the data from many angles, created advanced plots such as pair grid and heatmap, and drew interesting conclusions.

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @troodpa revisited his project on Top 3 Recommendations for App Development based on his new skills, analyzed over 1 million apps from Google Play and Apple store, gave recommendations on app development powered by outstanding visualizations and involving narrative, and suggested potential steps forward.

• @jasperquak shared his project on Winning Jeopardy where he proposed some strategies to prepare for the Jeopardy contest by conducting a detailed analysis of over 200 000 questions and answers of the previous games and using efficient statistical techniques.

• @abomayesan showed off their project on DSSE data science questions, which is noticeable for its eye-catching title, brief but precise storytelling, great visualizations, and curious conclusions.

• In their project on Prison Break, @kchitty23 dug deeper into the data and went beyond the provided instructions finding answers to all the additional questions.

Project reviewers:

@johnndammy, together with our Community Moderators, looked through other learners’ projects and provided them helpful feedback and the words of encouragement.

Useful resource sharer:

@vikram.prabhu shared useful case studies on accelerated data migration.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
5 Likes

Thanks a lot @Elena_Kosourova for the recognition. Feels awesome to be back in the community!

1 Like

Welcome back, Sahiba, and congratulations! :partying_face: :balloon:

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova , i really appreciate the kind gesture

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the recognition and reward! Very nice!

1 Like

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharer:

@sahiba.kaur.stats shared her well-structured and easy-to-follow personal project on Telco Customer Churn Analysis using Logistic Regression that demonstrates her ability to efficiently deal with model’s issues and create various informative plots to guide her decisions.

Dataquest Project sharers:

• @m.awon shared an excellent project on Analyzing NYC High School data where he demonstrated his curious mindset by conducting a thorough background research, digging deep into the data, and explaining in detail each stage of the project. Moreover, he generated insightful and eye-catching plots to complement his findings.

• @johnndammy shared his project on Analyzing Helicopter Prison Escape Data where he used advanced additional libraries, created beautiful visualizations, and provided exhaustive comments on his observations. The project has a meaningful title, efficient output format, and, what’s more, John successfully implemented the helpful suggestions from @brayanopiyo18! :star2:

• In her analysis on Star Wars Survey, @Bhagyashree showed off her ability to work with a completely new topic for her, explored the data from many angles, created amazing plots, provided curious observations, and wrote very detailed and insightful conclusions.

Project reviewers:

A special thank you goes to our project reviewers of this week @johnndammy, @jesmaxavier, @Ezemonye, and @sergibtrader, who, together with our Community Moderators, gave actionable feedback and encouragement to their peers.

Useful resource sharers:

@sv.dolgushina posted an interesting alternative solution for the lesson on Complex Queries and @Edelberth shared a useful resource on how to automatically encode high-cardinality and messy categories in the data.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
4 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
Wow! This is so awesome of you all here. I am beginning to feel the i’s being dotted and the t’s being crossed.
Thank you for this amazing recognition and a pat-on-the-back reward. Splendid!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Being part of the Dataquest community is such a humbling and encouraging experience.

P.S, when posting my project, I forgot to give credit to a fellow community member who inspired me on how to rank schools. Unfortunately, his name has slipped out of my mind.

Learning through community is truly a blessing!

3 Likes

@Ezemonye, @m.awon, you’re very welcome! :star_struck: Happy to hear that you’re enjoying our Community! :green_heart: Looking forward to seeing your new outstanding projects, reviews, and just posts in the Community! :rocket:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, project reviewers and @Elena_Kosourova . This recognition means a lot. :blush:

2 Likes