Meet our Community Champions for this week!

Thank you! @Elena_Kosourova. I’m happy to be back on the platform. Thank you for the encouragement and support. Congratulations to the other Community Champions as well! You guys rock! :100: :muscle:

3 Likes

Thank you, Elena. And congratulations to others too. :tada:

3 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova , this community has proven to be very active and filled with dynamic content. Thank you.

1 Like

Here are our Community Champions for this week: :tada:

Individual Project sharers:

• @jesmaxavier shared his amazing personal project on E-mail Spam Detection that stands out for its creative title and subheadings, cool additional libraries, easy-to-navigate structure, informative explanations, curious insights, super-helpful function documentation, and numerous references to useful resources.

• @oniabdulazeez00 was inspired by his previous guided project on visualizing data in Power BI and built his personal project on Visualization of Life Expectancy and GDP Variation Over Time in Africa, dedicated to The Year of Africa. He demonstrated his genuine curiosity about the argument by creating awesome visualizations of various types that clearly tell a meaningful, number-focused story about Africa by year and region. Also, great choice of a color palette! :rainbow:

Dataquest Project sharers:

• In his project on Predicting Housing Prices, @erzinrost dug deep into the data, applied plenty of machine learning models and approaches, made insightful plots, provided very detailed storytelling and informative conclusions, summarized the main points in the abstract, and created perfectly documented functions.

• @Casandra_Hayward shared two excellent projects: Exploring Hacker News and Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets. Despite being her first data science works, they are already a great read for their detailed and well-structured data analysis workflow, concisely stated project goal reflected in the conclusion, efficiently outlined project steps, well-commented code, valid recommendations, and providing room for improvement and potential next steps.

Project reviewers:

@Casandra_Hayward, @israelogunmola, and @vishallbabu5 did a great job this week in the Community giving helpful feedback to their peers on the projects they shared.

Curious Python code sharer:

Prove yourself at another cool Python challenge from @mr.sha3ban. What do you think this piece of code will output and why? :nerd_face:

Useful resource sharers:

@vishallbabu5, @charles1283, and @vikram.prabhu shared some cool free resources this week. Check them all here: [1], [2], and [3]. By the way, @vishallbabu5, you’re definitely becoming an incredibly valuable member of our Community! :heart_eyes:

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I am proud to reward you with:

• A 7 day extension on your current Dataquest subscription :rocket:
  • An exclusive Community Champion badge in our Community :medal_sports:
6 Likes

Thank you for the mention, @Elena_Kosourova. :heart_eyes:Happy to help fellow learners of this beautiful community. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, @Elena_Kosourova . This community has been so helpful to my personal development.
I’m glad you liked my choice of color. :+1:t5:

1 Like

The Community Champions program is finally back! :star_struck: Please meet our Community Champions for the last 3 weeks: :tada:

Individual Project sharers:

• @israelogunmola shared a very professional and in-depth individual project on Analysing Data from WeRateDogs Twitter Archive. The work comprises all steps of a data science project and demonstrates the genuine curiosity of Israel about the data. Among numerous outstanding characteristics of this project, let me mention its super-helpful structure, highly-optimized and easy-to-follow code, compelling plots, plenty of interesting and well-explained insights, and pointing out potential issues and limitations.

• @OlutokiJohn shared his well-structured individual project on Titanic Data: An in-depth Explanatory Data Analysis where he explored the data from many curious angles, documented each stage of his analysis, provided a very informative background of the event, made interesting observations throughout the project, and supplemented his findings with clean and insightful visualizations of various types.

• @abomayesan shared two great machine learning projects: Predicting House Prices and Predicting Bike Rentals. They are noticeable for their neat code optimized by introducing functions, efficient function documentation, helpful and easy-to-read explanations, informative charts of cool uniform style, and demonstrating incredible skills in object-oriented programming.

• @shaun.oilund shared their first but already cool project on Prison Escapes that stands out for its meaningful title, grand narrative, clear and well-commented code, and eye-catching, creative, and to-the-point pictures.

Project reviewers:

@vishallbabu5, @israelogunmola, @OlutokiJohn, @Ezemonye_Omereji, and @Casandra_Hayward were our super-heroes the last 3 weeks reviewing the works posted by other students and sharing their actionable suggestions on what can be further improved in those projects.

Thanks a lot, guys, for your enthusiasm and participation in our Community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

@Elena_Kosourova ,
Great to have you back with all the exciting goodies as usual. I love this community and thank you for the extension. Congratulations to all others.

1 Like

Thank you @Elena_Kosourova happy to be part of this wonderful community.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Elena_Kosourova, it’s always a delight to see one’s effort recognized and rewarded.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova, I am delighted to participate and contribute here. Congratulations to all the community champions :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Awesome! This really brought a big smile to my face; thank you very much!

2 Likes

Individual Project sharer:

@Edelberth shared his end-to-end data-gathering personal project on Webscrapping: From a website to csv through jupyter :rocket: and databases in which he scraped the information about electronic musical instruments and transformed this data into an SQL database. This well-structured, well-documented, and comprehensive project is an excellent reference for anyone who wants to start off their project portfolio and learn tons of new skills in the meantime.

• @israelogunmola finished his project on Analysing CIA Factbook Data with SQL, which is noticeable for a lot of background information providing an in-depth view of world country data. Combined with an exhaustive data analysis, great project structure, amazing informative visualizations, efficiently presented observations and conclusions, and outlining project limitations, this creates an exemplary SQL project.

• @fedeminozzi shared her project on Profitable App Profiles for the App Store and Google Play Markets, which stands out for its detailed introduction, clearly stated goal, providing the summary of results, in-depth explanations of each step, eye-catching visualizations, and an insightful discussion of the project outputs.

• The project of @nawaazramjanee on Cleaning and Analysing Employee Exit Surveys is a perfect example of thorough explanations, consistent and easy-to-follow code, efficient Markdown style, pretty-printed code outputs, compelling plots, helpful function documentation, and fair recognition of project limitations.

Project reviewers:

@OlutokiJohn, @israelogunmola, @Ezemonye_Omereji, and @Casandra_Hayward, together with our always helpful Community Moderator @artur.sannikov96, looked through the hard work of their peers, provided them with precious feedback on their projects, and gave them the words of motivation and encouragement.

2 Likes

Thank you very very much @Elena_Kosourova

Congratulations to everyone else, we know that job recognition is a good motivator.

We continue pedaling.

A&E.

:biking_man:

1 Like

@Elena_Kosourova ,
I am here and always grateful for your watch and kind gestures. Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Elena_Kosourova, I am really honoured.

2 Likes

Thank you all! I did not see it coming at all and I am so grateful. This means a lot to me, as I just started my journey in the world of data and I’m so happy to have found such an active and helpful community.

I’m eager to explore the other projects and learn from all of you. Thank you! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Individual Project sharer:

@fedeminozzi shared her personal project on Analyze Kaggle dataset on Coursera features and visualize findings with Tableau in which she combined two different datasets and used Tableau in addition to R to visualize the data. The project is a great example of skill mastery from different data science fields, efficient storytelling through charts, and an analytical mindset.

Project reviewers:

@wanzulfikri, @Casandra_Hayward, @nikenethaji, @Ezemonye_Omereji, and @OlutokiJohn, you guys did a fantastic job this week helping other students improve their projects and put their data skills into practice.

Useful resource sharers:

• @fried.jd shared an elegant alternative solution to the problem stated in the last step of the guided project on Answering Business Questions Using SQL.

• @Edelberth shared plenty of various resources that could be helpful for anyone learning data science. Check them all here: [1], [2], [3], and [4].

6 Likes

Thank you! I feel my project still needs a lot of improvement before being ready for a portfolio, but the community has already provided some good suggestions. Hope after seeing this post more users will check my project and help me make it better. It’s good to have the choice to learn from all of you. Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

Thank you! Honored to receive this award again!

2 Likes